Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Actual Ram Amount

This is a discussion on Actual Ram Amount within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My system has been lagging a bit while playing games so I thought it was time for an upgrade. Ram

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

My system has been lagging a bit while playing games so I thought it was time for an upgrade.

Ram & CPU

I checked Crucial and did a system scan but it said I only had 1GB of ram in slot 1.

I actually have 1 in slot 1 and 1 on slot 3.

Task manager shows that I have 2GB available.

Is there a check I can do to see if the 2nd stick that windows can see is being used?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

if you are using xp just go into your task manager, performance tab and it will show the physical memory being use.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Im using Vita Premium and it Running MemTest found no faults and used up to 1800GB of ram so I suppose it must be fine

Should I upgrade my ram or my procesor which is a Core Duo 1.86 (6320??) or my graphics card - Nvidia 8600GT

I'm not that fussed about running games on full spec but even on medium it seems to be lagging a bit now and wasn't a few months ago. Mainly on Enemy Territory: Quake Wars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

you may just need a general computer cleanup. Just go to start - all programs - accessories - system tools - disk cleanup and get rid of the temporary files on your system.

Might want to go through your startups and turn off anything that you cannot turn on when needed later.

Tell how big of a harddrive and how much free space is on it.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:37 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Run CCleaner Regulally, 160gb HDD with loads of free space (maybe 50GB free). and a spare 160GB HDD with 130GB free

No Spyware that SpyBot or AdAware finds.

Almost no startup processes - Only AVG, Wireless Utility, mouse driver and 1 or 2 others.
Closed Thread