Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Acer predator 17

This is a discussion on Acer predator 17 within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I bought this laptop in Jan 2017, it came with 16gb ram and I was happy with it and

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I bought this laptop in Jan 2017, it came with 16gb ram and I was happy with it and never bothered to upgrade. I finally went ahead and bought Kingstone Hyper X 16gb (8gbx2) kit to upgrade my ram to 32gb. I turned put the ram on, turn the laptop and I got black screen (no beep, just black after after power on). I took one of the ram off (now total 24gb) and it worked fine. I tried both ram in the 3rd slot and it booted fine. However everytime I place a ram on the 4th slot (totaling 32gb) I get the black screen.

Any help/advise is appreciated. I have 2 weeks of warranty left, is it better off to contact acer support?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What is the model number of your laptop? Does it support 32GB of RAM?

I would also advise reaching out to Acer if you have support.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What is the model number of your laptop? Does it support 32GB of RAM?

I would also advise reaching out to Acer if you have support.
It's an Acer predator g9-793, supports 64gb max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #4
Game Team Tech

have you tried putting one in 1 slot and slot 3 then the old memory in slot 2 and 4? most memory modules need to be paired or running at the same speed in the slots.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Additionally to Steve's recommendation, are you running the latest BIOS for the laptop?
Closed Thread