Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Acer E15 Has No Power

This is a discussion on Acer E15 Has No Power within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Acer Aspire E15 shows no signs of power. I have tried all of the obvious tests i.e. ports, cords

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Acer Aspire E15 shows no signs of power. I have tried all of the obvious tests i.e. ports, cords and battery. They all work fine.

I have to remove the battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds each time I turn the laptop on.

The power indicator led light does not come on when the power cord is plugged.

Now here's the puzzle. If I remove the battery and the power cord, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then plug in the power cord, the laptop powers on. I put the battery in and all looks fine. The battery charges and the laptop runs fine on battery power and on AC power.

If I turn it off and right back on the laptop powers up. But if I wait 15 min. or so, no power.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to solve this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

That sounds like a bad capacitor and I'm not sure what can be done for that if it is.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Device keeping my computer from automatically going to sleep
When I type powercfg -requests into my cmd prompt I see: The issue I am having is that this Audio Driver is keeping my computer from going to sleep automatically. I have found that the command I am looking for may look something like this.
kramman1 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 15 06-29-2014 09:43 PM
Why does my laptop freeze when I unplug it from the power supply?
When I unplug my laptop from the power supply is freezing. I format it yesterday hope that format would solved the problem but is still freezing. I run Power Energy report in Windows 7 and i got this report: Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name Scan Time 2013-06-11T12:32:46Z...
kiriakospet Laptop Support 5 02-22-2014 09:44 PM
Power issues ACER ASPIRE 6935G
Hi Hope someone can help me? My acer laptop starting having power issues a while ago. I replaced the battery and this still did not work. I had to use mains supply to even power up laptop. Yesterday though it would not even power up from mains supply, i changed the mains plug but still did...
gmerriman Laptop Support 1 02-04-2011 09:25 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM