Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Acer Aspire 7552G-6851 Ram Upgrade

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 7552G-6851 Ram Upgrade within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there! I have an Aspire 7552G-6851 laptop that is long past warranty, and I would like to get as

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there!

I have an Aspire 7552G-6851 laptop that is long past warranty, and I would like to get as much ram into it as possible.

I have found looking for compatible laptop ram is a difficult task.

It currently has 6GB DDR3, and I have no idea of the slot # or configuration, or where to look for upgrade ram.

I feel confident I can upgrade the ram in this machine, even if it means pulling the laptop apart. From what I can see, it is accessible through a panel on the bottom however.

If anyone can help me find a source for the highest amount of compatible ram, and enlighten me on the configuration that would be great! I am unsure as to how much ram this machine supports, and if/where I can buy that ram from.

Thanks

EDIT: Here is a scan result using the scan tool from crucial: Computer upgrades scan results for Acer Aspire Notebooks Aspire 7552 from Crucial

EDIT 2: This result says I have 2 banks, but that doesn't make sense to me because I have 6GB installed. Do they make 3GB sticks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

I can't seem to edit my post again:

EDIT 3: Upon further inspection, by removing the bottom panel, I have found I indeed have 3 memory banks (good job, crucial scan tool /sarcasm) with 2GB in each.

The info on the modules is:

Hynix:

KN2GB0G016023AFDF8 2000 (not sure if some of these are O or 0)

2GB 2Rx8 PC3 - 10600S - 9 - 10 - F2

HMT125S6TFR8C - H9 N0 AA - C 1017
Old 12-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Registered Member

Link to currently installed module: https://www.amazon.ca/HYNIX-Laptop-Me...2GB+PC3+10600S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2014, 06:37 AM   #4
Visiting Tech

My System

If you were starting with 4Gb or less, I would say go for it. But since you are starting with 6Gb already, I would leave it alone. 6Gb is already a lot. Adding more is not likely to provide any "noticeable" difference.

As far as suggestions, I would have suggested you run the Crucial RAM upgrade wizard - but you did that so if you really want to upgrade, it looks like you can install 4Gb x 2. But my advice is to save your money until your budget allows for a new computer since that model has been around for quite a few years.

Quote:
EDIT 2: This result says I have 2 banks, but that doesn't make sense to me because I have 6GB installed. Do they make 3GB sticks?
No, they don't make 3Gb sticks so you must have 2Gb x 1 + 4Gb x 1.

As far as the different information Crucial is giving, I think that may be do to your odd model number. I can find nothing about 6851 If you really do have 3 memory slots, then you need to verify the model number.

But again, 6Gb is already a lot.
Closed Thread