Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

64 Gigs of correct spec RAM?

This is a discussion on 64 Gigs of correct spec RAM? within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All, I have an ASUS X99-A Motherboard, and am looking at upgrading the RAM. I have inspected the QVL

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All,

I have an ASUS X99-A Motherboard, and am looking at upgrading the RAM. I have inspected the QVL list (attached), and determined that I would like to install 64 Gigs of Corsair* CMK64GX4M8A2800C16 RAM.

My local supplier can only ship this RAM in a slightly different variation.*

CMD32GX4M4A2800C16

Is it acceptable to purchase two of the above packs in order to obtain my full 64 Gig quantity? Will doing so affect system performance in any foreseeable way?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf X99_Series_DRAM_QVL0603.pdf (488.1 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Is it acceptable to purchase two of the above packs in order to obtain my full 64 Gig quantity? Yes

Will doing so affect system performance in any foreseeable way?No
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Ram not running at right speed in my opinion
Hello to all, first post here. Here's my problem- My old ram ran at pc4200 and the new "faster" ram still runs at 4200. System Information/Setup Compaq SR2150NX Compaq Presario SR2150NX PC specifications - HP Home & Home Office Products Processor, Operating System and Memory
NJDiablo RAM and Power Supply Support 4 02-24-2012 06:43 AM
Help, Installed new RAM on MSI mother board
I had 1gb of RAM on the motherboard in one slot. I have two slots and installed another. Giving me 2 gb of RAM total. My motherboard specs say i should support 2 gb according to the manual. With 2 gb of RAM (1 old, 1 new), I plugged the computer back in and turned the power switch on. The...
spitfire04 RAM and Power Supply Support 17 04-16-2011 01:08 PM
Half of the Ram detected by PC
Greetings fellow gamers, tech guys (staff members and amateurs). Now this will be normal post and a normal problem, identified by many users. I just bought this 1GB DDR1 Ram stick. I had once a stick of 256 MB of Ram (DDR1) and then added one more stick of 256 MB of ram (DDR1). After a time I...
Tech Amateur RAM and Power Supply Support 14 02-12-2011 08:22 AM
Correct RAM?
I'm currenly in the process of buliding my first pc, all I have left to buy is the RAM, but I'm not sure on which type to buy. My current pick is this set here made by OCZ which is 2x4gb sticks: https://www.ebuyer.com/product/241071 running on this: mobo:...
ViperXeon RAM and Power Supply Support 1 01-01-2011 06:12 PM
Selecting RAM for your Laptop
Introduction: The type of RAM a laptop takes can usually be determined by what processor it has. The processor is always easy to tell, to find out, download a free utility called PC Wizard. This utility will tell you your information about your computer, including your CPU and its model number....
TheMatt Laptop Support 1 11-26-2006 11:25 AM