Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Everex

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Everex within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm glad to have found this website! I need a driver for an EVEREX STEP NOTE 250E Audio Device

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I'm glad to have found this website! I need a driver for an EVEREX STEP NOTE 250E Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus driver freeware download. I have been looking for 2 days and all I have seen are downloads for driver scanners that you have to buy or register for a fee. I have windows xp 32 bit, and service pack sp3, but no file for my device manager. Also, how would I link the driver to the audio hardware? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Alas Everex has removed it's support website (if they ever had one), and since the manufacturer supplies the correct drivers, you are out of luck. Everex was a bad choice.

The only other way you may find a driver is if you post the motherboard make & model then we can direct you to the motherboard maker's website. To "link" the driver to the device it's (usually) simply a case of running the driver's installation program (the driver files will contain a file named setup.exe or install.exe)

Download Belarc Advisor and run it to produce a system info audit, then post it here as a new topic otherwise it may not get any responses if you post it on an existing
thread. Belarc Advisor is here: Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
Old 04-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

How TO DOWNLOAD A FREE REALTEK.COM VIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO (UAA) DRIVER FOR YOUR EVEREX STEP NOTE MODEL VA250E VA1501V.

THE Realtek PAGE IS BEST VIEWED WITH IE 6.0 (INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0 {MAYBE IE 6.0 OR HIGHER}) OR Netscape 7.02 or Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6 or higher.

YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD A REALTEK.COM AvRACK.

1. GO DIRECTLY TO realteck.com: The Best Search Links on the Net

2. GO TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE PAGE AND LOOK AT "Quick Links". LEFT CLICK ON HD Audio Codec Driver.

3. Read the disclaimer(Realtek is telling you that the High Definition Audio Codecs are general drivers, and might not be as good as the driver(s) that you could get from the manufacturer for your system/motherboard manufacturer's website).* If you agree to it, then left click the box, "I accept to the above".
* I am not sure Everex has a website to download Step Note Model VA250E (UAA) DRVER.

4. lEFT CLICK "NEXT".

5. LEFT CLICK ON "High Definition Audio Codecs (software). (I think this is the driver that I needed for my Audio Card) {I also downloaded the "AC'97 Audio Codecs (Software)", but leave that for later download.)

6. I am running under Microsoft Windows XP 32 bits, Service Pack 3. So I chose under the Description column, the row, "Windows 2000, Windows XP(32/64 bits) Driver only (zip file).

7. You can then go across that row to the Download column and choose Site 1, Site 2 or Site 3. I am assuming the three sites are three different locations or servers that you will be downloading from.

8. LEFT CLICK ON ONE OF THE THREE SITES. I CHOSE SITE 3 BECAUSE I THOUGHT MOST PEOPLE WOULD CHOOSE SITE 1, MAKING SITE 1 BUSIER.

9. WAIT FOR YOUR DOWNLOAD TO FINISH AND GO DOWN TO THE "ATI HDMI Audio Device), and download it from Site 1, Site 2 or Site 3.

10. WAIT FOR THAT DOWNLOAD TO FINISH.

11. GO TO THE TOP LEFT OF THE WEB PAGE AND LEFT CLICK THE BACK ARROW.

12. YOU WILL BE BACK ON THE "Downloads" page.

13. GO DOWN AND LEFT CLICK ON THE "AC'97 Audio Codecs (Software).

14. YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE AC'97 Audio Codecs" WEBPAGE.

15. READ THE DISCLAIMER, AND AGAIN, IF YOU AGREE TO IT, LEFT CLICK ON THE "I accept to the above" box.

16. CLICK NEXT. YOU WILL THEN BE TAKEN TO ANOTHER "Downloads" webpage. THEN LEFT CLICK "AC'97 Audio Codecs (Software).

17. UNDER THE "Description" column I went to the "README" ROW and you may click on Site 1, Site 2 or Site 3 again.

18. Wait for the download to stop.

19. GO DOWN TO THE ROW, "Realtek Media Player(RtlRack) and go across that row to Site 1, Site 2, or Site 3.

20. WAIT FOR THE DOWNLOAD TO STOP.

21. GO TO YOUR DOWNLOADS AND READ THE README FILE THAT YOU DOWNLOADED.

22. GO TO YOUR DOWNLOAD FILES AND UNZIP THE OTHER FILES THAT YOU DOWNLOADED.

23. THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT YOU NOW HAVE TO DO ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER.

24. GO TO THE CONTROL PANEL ON YOUR COMPUTER.

25. LEFT CLICK ON the System icon.

26. Left CLICK on the box marked "Device Manager".

27. DO YOU SEE THE YELLOW ! EXCLAIMATION POINT, OR THE YELLOW QUESTION MARK ? ON YOUR Sound, video, and game controllers? Its the box with the Speaker on it.

28. LEFT CLICK THE BOX WITH THE "+" SIGN THAT IS TO THE SPEAKER ICON'S LEFT.

29. LEFT CLICK THE "VIA High Definition Audio(UAA) line.

30. THIS WILL BRING UP YOUR VIA High Definition Audio(UAA) Properties menu.

31. Click on the tab that says "Driver".

32. Click on the "Update Driver" button.

33. YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE "Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard" page.

34. LEFT CLICK ON THE Install from a list or specific location (Advanced). {The "Install the software automatically (Recommended) radio button didn't work for me.}

35. LEFT CLICK ON THE "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" radio button.

36. LEFT CLICK on the "Next" box.

37. LEFT CLICK ON THE VIA High Definition Audio(UAA) LINE.

38. LEFT CLICK ON "NEXT"

39. I SAW A FOLDER icon downloading into my COMPUTER icon.

40. YOU SHOULD SEE THE PAGE "Completing the Hardware Update Wizard" stating that the VIA High Definition Audio(UAA) WITH THE SPEAKER ICON.

41. LEFT CLICK "Finish"

42. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE SPEAKER ICON IN THE SPEAKER ICON IN THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF YOUR MONITOR'S SCREEN'S TOOLBAR.

43. SAVE ALL YOUR PROGRAMS AND EXIT GRACEFULLY. CLOSE ALL THE SCREENS THAT YOU USED FOR THE ABOVE.

44. GO TO YOUR "START" BOX IN THE LOWER LEFT HAND CORNER OF YOUR DISPLAY AND LEFT CLICK IT.

45. LEFT CLICK THE "TURN OFF COMPUTER" icon.

46. LEFT CLICK THE "RESTART" icon.

47. When after you restart your computer you should have sound again.
Closed Thread