Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

User Tag List

Black screen on desktop. Classpnp.sys crash safe mode.

This is a discussion on Black screen on desktop. Classpnp.sys crash safe mode. within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello there, GTX 570 2500K 1tb spinpoint F3 asus sabertooth p67 corsair tx 750 No overclocking has been done. I've

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello there,

GTX 570
1tb spinpoint F3
asus sabertooth p67
corsair tx 750

No overclocking has been done.

I've been having some fairly strange problems with my computer today. I install the game Metro 2033 yesterday and played for a good few hours. It crashed yesterday with some odd green dots (searched the internet but couldn't find a solution). I thought that it wouldn't really matter as the crash only happens every 3-4 hours. After another crash, I tried to load up metro again. I got a dialog box saying Start in Safe Mode? So, I clicked no and it worked fine. next time it crashed I clicked yes. I got a whole lot more dialog boxes, one said that I need 3.0 shaders (which I believe the GTX 570 does have). I then retry Metro: 2033 on Safe Mode again. This time monitor went black and displays the message "Input Signal Out of Range. Change Settings to 1920x1080 - 60Hz".

I couldn't get the monitor to display, so had to do a Hard reboot. The same message was displayed after the Windows screen. I can hear everything but the screen is black.

I tried setting the resolution to 1920x1080 in Safe Mode, but the highest selectable resolution was 1600x1200 (I think). I went back to a normal boot, but I got the same message as before. I returned to Safe Mode and disabled my GTX 570 via device Manager, uninstalling the drivers. I figured that if I uninstall the device, it will reinstall the drivers automatically in the desktop and find the correct display settings. It looked good, I got past the windows screen, got to the login screen, type my password in and got to the desktop. The gtx 570 installed it's drivers and it needed to restart. I tried to select 1920x1080 before I restart, to no avail. 1600x1200 was still the highest.

I then restarted again got to the windows screen, but the same message came up on the monitor with the black screen. So I went straight to Safe Mode and tried to select 1920x1080 now that the video drivers were reinstalled. Again, to no avail. I looked through the advanced display settings and found that there was a conflicting device (I believe it was the Intel Core i5 PCI Controller).

I then tried some more troubleshooting with the resolution in Safe Mode and had to do quite a few hard reboots after getting to the black screen again on a normal boot up. I tried searching in the BIOS for any info, but couldn't find anything.

Eventually, even Safe Mode stopped working. After loading many drivers the list loads CLASSPNP.sys and stops. The screen gets stuck there and I left it for about 20 minutes without any progress.

I have no idea where I can go now. I've troubleshot to the best of my ability. The only other thing I can think of doing is getting my Windows disk and trying to run repair, which I am a complete novice in. I have many, many games on my HDD so doing a wipe is a worst-case-scenario for me really.

Apologies for the scale of the post 0.o. If you can offer ANY help to me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Try something around 1024x768, does that have the same effect?
Closed Thread