Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

which do add www once access the website url?

This is a discussion on which do add www once access the website url? within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear forum, Once I access the website by the name ex: abc.com (without www) by chrome or IE then the

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Dear forum,

Once I access the website by the name ex: abc.com (without www) by chrome or IE then the www is auto add as prefix (it shows ABC Home Page - ABC.com on the address bar of browser whenever pressed enter key).

May I know which do that? The browser or internet gateway or firewall or ...?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Browser. Web browser automatically adds www to URL
Old 12-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks Mod.

But my testing case is same computer same browser but difference network, the first network is open internet gateway can access the url by auto add www, the second network that under our company firewall then cannot access as not add www when press enter.

I will double check this with our FW rules. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2017, 05:49 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

It shows you on that page (I linked to above) how to set Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox NOT to automatically add a "www".
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Need Help, Cannot upload to the internet at all
So for the past several months I have not been allowed to upload to the internet. When i click upload, it starts to upload, but quickly stops and i can see the upload speed count down to 0. My entire internet then disconnects and after 30sec - 1 min the internet returns. If i am very lucky and have...
NeedHelpzzz Networking Support 20 11-22-2012 10:07 AM
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
unable to access one website (just the one)
Hi, hope someone can help... thanks+++ in advance... The site I cannot access is: glassesshop.com All other websites are working o.k. and I have no other comp. probs. It's a safe site that I have used before and that others can still access. The last time I was able to access it was around New...
ePat Networking Support 2 02-23-2011 10:47 PM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 12:45 PM
Cannot access our own website or emails
Hi I came on here a few weeks ago with a related posting (see thread here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-internet-phone-network-issues-542784.html). Very shortly after we thought it was (SOLVED), the issue is now very much (UNSOLVED)! We are now losing business due to...
truffle32 Networking Support 9 01-28-2011 07:06 AM