Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Whats the best forum to use

This is a discussion on Whats the best forum to use within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What's the best forum to use for things such as most detailed but simple aswell, good forums and be able

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

What's the best forum to use for things such as most detailed but simple aswell, good forums and be able to add things to users such as rank images ect... be able to make stickies/annoucements.

What's the BEST forum?

phpBB
MyBB
vBulletin
IP Boards?

What's the best?

Leave your vote below!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Hi,

I would say that there are a few things that go into what forum software to use. To start with is do you want to spend money or are you looking for free software? Once you figure that out then you have the decision of how much support are you looking for. If you are completely new to running forums then I would go with software that has a lot of support.

I have experience with setting up phpBB forums and can tell you that it isn't too hard as long as you understand a little bit of php and mysql. TSF uses vBulletin, and there are a lot of great things about it, though it does cost money. As for the other two you have listed I have never used them before, but would certainly help you set them up if you need assistance.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Saving to C:
Is there a way to STOP windows from adding files to the C drive? I have several drives and I want to use the C: drive for gaming only since it is solid state and a small drive. Thanks for your assistance
Exsheeple Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 14 03-16-2012 03:04 PM
How to prevent people connecting external HDD to my mac
I have an iMac running snow leopard - I have some confidential files on my computer and need my colleagues to use my computer to work on these files. I would like to prevent my colleagues from connecting a hard drive or usb flash drive to my computer which could enable them copy my confidential...
ash1111 Mac Support 4 03-15-2012 11:34 PM
how can i turn on my laptop without using the power button
My laptop isn't turning and have no idea what's wrong with it. It was working fine over the weekend and now when I try to turn it on. It won't turn on. I need to find out if there's a way to turn it on without using the power button. Thanks and please don't use computer terms
nancyzuniga08 Laptop Support 3 03-15-2012 12:42 PM
My computer screen keeps going blank even thought the computer is still running.
I have an Acer Aspire 5536 laptop which is about two years old. It started to run slowly and not very efficiently - then the screen started to go blank. Sometimes it goes blank when i am using it or when i am not. . I can see the computer is actually still processing so the whole computer does not...
simoncasey8520 Video Card Support 0 03-14-2012 08:32 AM