Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

[SOLVED] is it safe to save my files over there?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] is it safe to save my files over there? within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Yahoo! SmallBuisness webstorage + domain name from Yahoo!. and that forms this website www.michaelselitegroup.com (it is not ready

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

I have Yahoo! SmallBuisness webstorage + domain name from Yahoo!.
and that forms this website www.michaelselitegroup.com (it is not ready yet)
My question is. Is it save to store personal files in web storage? or someone could find them? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.8.5, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 9.3.5

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

well, depends on the permissions that you have set up, and the level of knowledge of the hacker that really feels he wants the files. the only real safe place to put files is on a computer not on the internet. by using your website as a storage place, if you have the permissions set up right, most people, and dumb hackers can't get to it. but a pro hacker, if he really wants it, will get the files even if they are only on your home computer. just make sure that you set it up to require a password to get to the folder the files are in, and they'll be fine.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #3

Depends on how personal. Names etc, I wouldn't be too bothered. Account details or credit card. Not in a million years ...
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[email protected]
Hello I use symantec antivirus corporate edition (university network pc), and I keep getting 40 or so virus notifications every 10 minutes that look like this: Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan Event: Virus Found! Virus name: [email protected] File: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL...
localau Resolved HJT Threads 41 11-08-2006 05:31 PM
Good old pop-up
Hello. Posting this one on behalf of brother who is still rather new to this. As soon as he starts surfing he gets hit with pop-ups trying to redirect to other destinations. (i.e bigdiscountbuy.com/normal/yyy102.html) (health-yshopping.com/normal/yyy102.html) Plus a few others. I have run many...
amadcap5 Inactive Malware Help Topics 12 01-31-2006 02:01 AM
Help with spyware and adware isearch desktop etc...
I have all kind of spyware and junk on my computer, and it is slowing me down. I am a novice at this, so be gentle. Here is my hijackthis log: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0 Scan saved at 8:59:55 PM, on 3/23/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2...
uback Resolved HJT Threads 26 03-28-2005 11:25 AM
Need help to clean up my PC!
Hi, Just wonder is there anyone can help me to get ride of the annoying loadingwebsite problem? I will post my hijackthis log later! Thanks a lot!
lingsong Resolved HJT Threads 39 03-24-2005 09:41 PM
My computer is dying! Need Help!!!
Ok, I think I may have this elitebar virus. Also, my computer keeps randomly downloading VBoncer, AdDestroyer and WebOffer. Where is my HijackThis log: Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2 Scan saved at 6:16:00 PM, on 2/28/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer...
Dr_Omels Inactive Malware Help Topics 7 03-01-2005 08:20 PM