Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Problem with pictures

This is a discussion on Problem with pictures within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was going through some of my sons baby pictures on my computer the other day and clicked on one

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #1

I was going through some of my sons baby pictures on my computer the other day and clicked on one to open it. The thumbnail looks fine but the picture when it opens looks like someone cut with a razor the picture into different sized blocks 5-6 per picture and rearranged them. Any help or way to fix these?

Here is one of the pictures...

https://jbzr.com/DSCN0949.JPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #2

the file you attached, was this an non edited version from the camera? what software are you using to edit or arrange the photos with?
i had a quick look at it with PS and it seems to be more than just slicing of the image. you can see below that there is also shading errors.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #3

No it was not on the camera these pictures are two years old stored on my hard drive. One day they were fine and then poof they started being like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

If you right-click the damaged photos in Windows Explorer and select Preview, do the images still appear to be sliced?

What image-viewing software are you using?

Have you tried burning them to CD and viewing on another computer?

If you have any backups, are they also damaged when viewed on your computer? Do you have any photos from around the same time that are not damaged?

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Old 04-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #5

Yes....They are sliced when vewed on another computer. There are pictures from before and after that are un-effected. But I also have some pictures that wont even open I would guess from around the same time period. I use Photoshop and windows picture viewer to look at them. I try an keep all of my importaint documents backed up on an external drive...However this series of pictures never made it there. This is why I am so frusterated about this.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

If they were transferred from the camera in the default format and then coverted to jpeg, then possibly the conversion was faulty. But that wouldn't explain how they were fine one day and now damaged. Are these the original unedited files?

It could be a problem with the hard drive. Have you run the manufacturer's diagnostics utility to find and possibly fix any errors?

Is this the only problem or are any non-photo files damaged? Any program crashes or other system problems?

If you know your way around Photoshop, you could fix them. It would just take a few minutes for each one if they're only sliced, a bit longer for colour corrections. Or you can contact freddyhard or me and we'll have a go at fixing them.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
Moderator, Design Team

My System

Weird! When I downloaded from the links you gave the images were composites of multiple images - not just a simple carve up of one image. In the image in Freddyhard's post above you can see it is not a simple slice - there is an overlap - tiny bit of the red basket thingy appears in top slice as does whatever is sitting on the small metal cabinet next to the cupboard. Good Luck - nothing more frustrating than losing kid pics!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #8

It is actually the same image...All mixed up and stuff.....I have no idea how this happeed
Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #9
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

It could be a problem with the hard drive. Have you run the manufacturer's diagnostics utility to find and possibly fix any errors?

Is this the only problem or are any non-photo files damaged? Any program crashes or other system problems?

Closed Thread