Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Need advice, beginner starting wordpress blog.

This is a discussion on Need advice, beginner starting wordpress blog. within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I just purchased my domain name through godaddy.com, and have decided to host through inmotionhosting. I've been reading the

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I just purchased my domain name through godaddy.com, and have decided to host through inmotionhosting. I've been reading the differences between all the types of hosting available, but I am still unsure of which plan and type I should purchase. Here's the goal of my website:

I plan on using wordpress for blogging purposes.

I want to create a forum just like this one, allowing people to register accounts and post. (Do I need to purchase a forum?)

I plan on opening a store to sell merchandise in the near future.

That's basically the gist of it, thanks in advance .

I hope I posted in the right section this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

I'm not sure how wordpress handles forums. It's awesome for blogs and e-commerce, but i've never seen it handle forums. If you find an forum theme, than go ahead. Wordpress is very straight forward, and easy to use. Just be careful not to install to many plugins, because plugins are wordpress's worst security issuse. Cheers :thumbs:
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, I managed to figure everything out after hours of researching. Inmotionhosting's cpanel allows you to install phpbb and some other one.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking of starting PC repair business - part time - need advice
Hi guys, wanted to start a parttime business of PC repair from house. I can install OS , softwares and even troubleshoot pc's, if there is any issue , i dont know about...i'm really good at google and fixing it. can even change hardware ( have all the knowledge of hardware)....but never...
hooneey Certification & Career 32 11-30-2014 05:30 AM
Server 2003/Active Directory Missing Sites Container in AD
All right, guys. I have a weird one for you. I have two domain controllers at a client of mine and I am upgrading them to exchange 2010. I attempt to install Exchange 2010 and am met with the following error when checking prerequisites. Setup encountered a problem while validating the state...
disisit Windows Servers 4 08-09-2011 04:52 PM
DHCP problem at farmschool
Hi I was asked to help out with a computer literacy project here in rural south africa. They have a MS server 2003 with a bunch of clients, the server is not connected to the internet and is just used as a file/print server. A telkom tech came to install a broadband modem, and after this...
petmeer Windows Servers 13 07-07-2011 02:57 PM
DcDiag /v Result. BDC Server health
Dear Support, Please advise whether my second domain controller is healthy, thank you. Please see below dcdiag /v report that i run from the server. Domain Controller Diagnosis Performing initial setup: * Verifying that the local machine SERVER2, is a DC. * Connecting to directory...
boonhongchua Windows Servers 2 02-25-2011 12:32 AM
Starting all over, Advice?
I am 25 and was previously a deep sea diver in the gulf of Mexico, that was my career but an injury put an end to that path. For a while i sulked until i found this passion for technology! Now i feel alive and so inspired by the thought of once again making a good living doing something i am...
shanenewhouse1 Certification & Career 9 02-11-2011 04:14 AM