Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Just a Shot About my domain

This is a discussion on Just a Shot About my domain within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Can I have my domain forwarded to a different website. Example my hosting service finish's this year but my domain

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:42 AM   #1

Can I have my domain forwarded to a different website.
Example my hosting service finish's this year but my domain dont for another year cna i forward it to another website instead of buying a new domain straight away? My hosting company says something about scrip and stuff i dont know. It only going to be a temp thing to do this.???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
I helped the forums.

My System

Who did you purchase your domain from?

Usually, in your registrar's control panel, there is an option for domain forwarding.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #3

Origionaly from Web-Mania but now Streamline runs or owns it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
I helped the forums.

My System

Since I've never bought a domain with them, I can't really help you out much. Try emailing their support team and ask if they have free domain forwarding.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team

whomever you bought your domain from should be able to set your nameservers to point to any host. You don't need to have hosting and a domain from the same company

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Domain Controller Could not be contacted
I am currently experiencing huge slowdowns of the server. I have looked around all of the obvious areas. The MssBsssr.exe usually is the program eating up the CPU time, but this is only a logging program and the problem should be elsewhere. The critical event error log gives the following: ...
AJMeerwald Windows Servers 15 11-18-2009 03:11 AM
Cannot Browse Domain B From Domain A
Hello BACKGROUND We have 2 domains setup at the site. Domain A was upgraded from NT to AD 2003 and Domain B at the time remained as NT. A trust relationship was setup between the 2 domains for users to access resources from Domain A & B. This has been working very well. Domain B was then...
barazi Networking Support 0 05-12-2006 12:14 AM
W2K: Child domain versus New domain
We are in the process of testing a trust relationship with a sister company. The end goal is to have users from our domain be able to authenticate with systems/databases in the other domain, without the need of separate accounts for each domain. For the purpose of my question, we are ABC domain and...
hamcse924 Windows Servers 0 08-22-2005 01:52 PM
Spanned NT domain - PROBLEMS
Scenario: Windows NT Domain, Windows NT 4 domain controller, Windows XP Professional clients, all on the same subnet (same physical and logic subnet). Everything works fine; all clients can logon to the domain, browse the domain and access shared folders on the domain controller. THEN some...
FridayChild Windows Servers 2 11-26-2004 08:57 PM