Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

how to lock a page?

This is a discussion on how to lock a page? within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey there all, sorry its been some time since I have been on. I am working on a site for

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey there all, sorry its been some time since I have been on.
I am working on a site for the fire dept, I am using iwebs (the newest one).

I am looking to lock 2 pages with a password, this password will be shared with the general membership. Does anyone know of any trick on iWebs or any codes to try?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

I don't know any tricks with iwebs but it can most certainly be done using some code....

There are a few different languages this can be done in but I think the best would probably be php.

Here is a basic tutorial if your interested: How to Create a Basic Login Script in PHP - wikiHow

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Old 09-08-2014, 02:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hay friend,

Quote from How to Password-Protect Web Pages
Quote:
First, create a text file and name it .htpasswd. Enter the usernames and passwords, each on a separate line

The next step is to create a .htaccess file in the directory you want to protect. If you already have one, add the following text to it. Otherwise, create a new file and enter this text:
  • AuthName "Name of Protected Area"
  • AuthType Basic
  • AuthUserFile /full/path/to/.htpasswd
  • Require valid-user
The Two think should need for protect that That is Authname and Autheruserfile
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random/rare STOP0x1E
Been fighting against this one for a while now and couldn't figure out the cause, especially since the crashes come and go and are very rare... anyway, here is the data: OS - Windows 7 x64 SP1 OEM (MSDNAA version) Age of system: one and a half years Age of OS installation: a month ...
Soukyuu BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-26-2011 11:16 AM
Bad to put page file on SSD?
I got an SSD this week which made a night and day difference in the speed of my PC (while a 2 to 8 GB RAM upgrade was barely if at all noticeable). With the SSD it went from taking 15 seconds to load the Windows calculator (from my WD Black "high performance hard drive") to instant with the SSD...
aab1 Hard Drive Support 2 06-29-2011 06:09 PM
inserting new blank page in ms word 2007 without page break
hye there! actually i want to insert a new page in word 2007. Normally, for that i would keep pressing enter and go to new page. But i dont want to create whole lot of paragraphs by pressing enter button. i tried going to insert and to blank page. But it used page break to insert new page....
Binod Microsoft Office support 1 06-15-2011 11:56 AM
Microsoft Word - New Second Page Placed ABOVE/BEFORE the First Page?
Hi - quick question: At work, when I go to insert a new page in a Word document, it places the new page (page 2) above the first page, instead of placing it below. When I go to a two page layout view, the second page is on the left, instead of on the right. Anyone know how to swap this? Thank...
Chrismo88 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 04-07-2011 08:46 PM
XP freezes on lauching a program
Hi. Been having a sudden problem with my ageing Dell desktop. It runs XP SP2, and is a little slow and clunky, but does the job: I hadn't had a crash for something like six months before this occurred. I came into the room and found that the machine had restarted itself. I logged in, and waited...
George_H Windows XP Support 24 03-14-2011 11:24 AM