Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

help with importing video to flash cs3

This is a discussion on help with importing video to flash cs3 within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. when i import my video onto flash, my video is not there and it just shows the player. when i

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #1

when i import my video onto flash, my video is not there and it just shows the player. when i test the movie, i hear the music and sounds, but i still don't see it. what's wrong with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Moderator, Design Team

My System

Can you play the video on any other player on your computer?
What was your source for the video? What file type is the video you are trying to import? You may find it is a codec issue if you can hear and not see it. You could try downloading and installing the K-Lite codec pack (link in my signature). With it comes G-Spot - if you open G-Spot and use it to analyse your video it will tell you whether you have the appropriate codec on your computer.

[CENTER]Audacity
Irfan View GSpot

Old 10-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #3

yeah i can play the video on windows media player. the format is AVI. i saved it into my flash proj folder.

when i made the same project at school, i was using flash 8 and it worked fine. i imported my video and it all came out fine. when i tried to re-create it when i got home, i was usuing flash cs3, i just didn't work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Hey, does the video show up on the stage? or in the layers panel?

Cheers,
Jamey

Please help me to help you by addressing and answering ALL the questions I ask in my posts.
(I usually go about a post by mentally debugging the issue, and each answer will provide deeper insight into the nature of the problem)
(Also don't worry if you don't know the answer, post back asking for clarification or help)
Old 10-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You can try saving the Flash 8 project, and importing that into your Flash CS3. Generally, compatibility from older to newer versions is much better than compatibility between formats.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemac2005 View Post
Hey, does the video show up on the stage? or in the layers panel?

Cheers,
Jamey
it shows on the stage and the library, but it's only the player that shows.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

The player? how was it you imported the video? Sorry i haven't used CS3 a whole lot(i don't have the money lol).

In Flash 8 theres an option to either import the video to the stage or to import it as a dynamic object. If you do the second you have to script how the movie plays.

If it shows on the stage it should show over a number of frames.

Cheers,
Jamey

Please help me to help you by addressing and answering ALL the questions I ask in my posts.
(I usually go about a post by mentally debugging the issue, and each answer will provide deeper insight into the nature of the problem)
(Also don't worry if you don't know the answer, post back asking for clarification or help)
Closed Thread