Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Getting Back into Dev

This is a discussion on Getting Back into Dev within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All, So I've not been active in Web development for quite some time, it has always been a hobby/passion

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via MSN to Silverj2k7 Send a message via Yahoo to Silverj2k7

Hi All,

So I've not been active in Web development for quite some time, it has always been a hobby/passion of mine since I was around 13. The last time I did any significant development was back in university around 6 years ago.

Funnily enough, I picked up an old Windows Surface I loaned to a family member and found some of my old University Work for my Web Dev module.

It was a bookstore coded in MySQL/PHP/CSS/HTML. I opened up what I could of it last week and it sparked my interest again; I got a "First" for module so I figured it wouldn't be bad to actually finish the site.

However, I feel as if a lot of changed in the last 6 years (languages-wise) and wanted some advice about what I should be focusing my attention on (HTML 5 etc).

my MSSQL isn't rusty (In fact it is what I do for a living (MI Reporting)) so I'm more interested in the behavioral / presentation side of it.

Any advice?

Edit: Just realised, I posted this in the wrong forum! Please move this to Design Discussion & FAQs?

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
technique to get connector back on SATA drive?
Moving my PC into a new case today and I got careless and jerked the plastic connector housing off the back of my WD 2TB SATA hard drive. All those pins... how on earth to get this connector housing back on? Otherwise the HD is fine and is my system drive so I'd really like to get it back...
Raylo Hard Drive Support 9 10-09-2013 01:31 PM
Lorex H264 8CH DVR USB Backup problem
I am a Data Recovery Tech and have been given a Lorex H264 HDD to recover and pull the videos off the HDD. I have finally received the Lorex DVR to use to do this one with. I have read the manual on this device and indicates that the videos can be backed up by using the search function in the main...
poehere Other Hardware Support 13 12-19-2012 03:50 PM
Google searches are redirected back to google. I don't think it's a virus.
So, when I attempt to use Google to search for something either by way of the search bar in firefox, google.com, or google.com/ig, I have to open my links in a new tab because if I click them I will be redirected back to google.com. A few notes: I cannot use the back button to go back to my...
haxxed Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 6 12-27-2011 12:00 PM