Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Font Metrics generation on server

This is a discussion on Font Metrics generation on server within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am working generating font metrics , all I now is that I can read TTF files for font details.But

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am working generating font metrics , all I now is that I can read TTF files for font details.But I have several clarifications in this process.

1. How do I calculate the width of substitutable gyphs?
2. How do I know a given unicode is a compound glyphs?

are there any tools that can give all information to get the exact rendering widths of unicode characters.

I have tried Apache FOP and java awt , but these information are not clear to me.

Can some expert give me pointers?

Thanks in advance
Shyam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TeenScripts
Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutori...uringtext.html
It's a tutorial that should help you with font metrics in Java
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspect VAIO is infected
My computer began running slowly, and now whenever my computer has been sleeping/hibernating the internet disconnects and reconnects. It takes it a while to establish a connection. Today my browser seems to have been reset(settings, home page, etc.) In my running processes I am seeing things that...
SNPG09 Resolved HJT Threads 30 08-02-2011 03:56 PM
[SOLVED] Server 2k3 with 2 NICs - Internet Problem
Hi wasn't sure if i should post this question in this area or in general networking but here is my problem! I'm new to all this and this is my first server i think I've done well so far.... Please be gentile! :P I have a Windows Server 2003 box running DHCP, DNS, AD, File & Printer Share. ...
TopClub PC Windows Servers 4 07-17-2011 01:02 PM
Print Server questions..Help a newbie pls
Hi First post,big ask, so please go gentle. I'm only a part time technician who does the mundane jobs of sorting out the day to day problems for people who have no idea about computers. I'm hoping (with limited help) to make use of an old server and use it as a print server with print...
Caretaker Networking Support 4 01-28-2011 12:02 PM
connect to ftp server from outside of lan
Hello I just started an FTP server in a mac server os x 10.6.4. There is no firewall in my ZyXEL router. There is just a security tab under Advance Setup which lets me set up some filter rules. Since I have not marked the ftp rule, the ftp is supposed to be not blocked from the WAN to the...
thosecars82 Networking Support 6 01-22-2011 05:50 AM
Cisco NAT/PAT forwarding
Hello everybody, I am currenlty trying to configure a 871W to forward a port 3389 to the internal address 192.168.1.240. I have been playing with this for a couple days now, and I have not been able to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated, and if you see anything else wrong,...
joshbuss Protocols and Routing 4 01-02-2011 08:32 PM