Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Domain- Question? of niceness>lol

This is a discussion on Domain- Question? of niceness>lol within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok.. A year ago a shooting club didnt answer their email I sent them, their website was out of date

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
Aut viam inveniam aut fac

Ok.. A year ago a shooting club didnt answer their email I sent them, their website was out of date and lo and behold the domain was expiring. SO a few months later sur eenough it expired and I registered it.
I made a simple forum for members to get in touch with each other,, mild traffic, but dwindled.
So I checked out the gun club adn they had changed their domain name slightly and added.org now. I emailed teh pres and vice pres adn offered the domain no strings free.
That was 2 months ago. 1 month ago I got an email that they would like it back, and I called them and said its unlocked, heres the code, its at godaddy, heres my info, fine.
So Its a month now. And I am stil getting godaddys yoru domain is cancelling emails 4 times a day..lol and kinda pissed.
I'm going to be nice and call and try to contact their guy one more time.. oh,, I did send him an emal explaining they need to hurry up and how long the cancel out process is if it expires 2 weeks ago.

Should I let it expire, or pay the 8bucks and put some google ads on it, im sure over a year it will pay for itself a few times over..
But if I do that should I then be a prick about giving it up. I gave a real effort to help them and at no cost.
Grrr. anyhoo. I am not a squatter and am making a killing of affiliate marketing right now,, great biz to be in..(learning)
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

You've made the effort to contact them and received little in return, so if they miss out on the opportunity it's their own fault. I would keep sending your email once a day for the next 2 weeks and if they don't respond or seem like they're dragging their feet, then put it on the market for sale to the highest bidder (or however it works).

Keep a record of all transactions in case of problems later down the line.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread