Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

Design Question

This is a discussion on Design Question within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I make designs for t-shirts for a new, very small, clothing company that we're trying to make known and I

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Spankdacamel4me

I make designs for t-shirts for a new, very small, clothing company that we're trying to make known and I was wondering what tools can be used to print an image that is designed in Photoshop onto a t-shirt. I'm looking for something that can preferrably be done home-based as opposed to a large operation. As of now it has just been taking designs to screen print companies that can put them onto a shirt and we are looking to upgrade a bit and be able put the images onto shirts ourselves.

Any comments or input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
- Camel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

You can buy special paper for your printer that, when heated with an iron, transfers the image from the paper to the t-shirt. The quality is nowhere near as good as you'd get from a professional t-shirt printer, but is good enough to last for a few washes before you start to notice fading or cracks in the transfer.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Thank you very much ill look into that. I'm also open to other ideas if anyone else has anything to offer on this topic :) Thanks!

Oh also i know this is the wrong forum i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how i put the "My System" drop down list under my name i like how that looks.

- Camel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Click User CP (top left of screen), then Edit Options. Scroll down to the System Specs area, change the No box to Yes and enter your details in the boxes below, then click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Old 07-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

I'm afraid that I can't think of anything better than what Koala suggested for the price range you are targeting. I suppose there's digital embroidery but that can become expensive quickly if you don't have your own equipment.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
Registered Member

My System

Well thank you both on the quick replies i think ill try the paper patch one and see how that goes :)

- Camel
Old 08-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Registered Member

My System

If you're looking to sell these and make a business out of it...I don't think doing heat transfers is goign to cut it (unfortunately).

I used to have a shop on CafePress for a few t-shirts (not really as a business, just because friends wanted them) and they turned out pretty good.

https://www.cafepress.com/

You could upload your design in any number of shirt combinations (or perhaps even other items like mugs) and order them at the base price then sell them whereever you want to sell them. Since CafePress creates online shops...with that same brush stroke you'd also be creating an online presence for your designs...so you could make money that way too if you want to.

I don't know of any other similar ones...but I know this one is pretty popular.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #8
SLG
Registered Member

yeah, i looked into this with a group of friends as a business idea,
and basically the only way you can home produce it with anything near good quality (i wouldn't recommend printing and then ironing, we tried it and it well... sucked...) is to actually buy one of those 1800 printers. i would recommend a professional or online website, however if you wanting to do this with low funds and high quality ~ im afraid its all about knowing someone who can give u free time with one of those printers.

sorry this is such a mournfull tone, but if you do this from a business perspective ~ you simply wont be able to turn a profit unless you invest in a printer

ps if you are buying in bulk, be sure to try get a price reduction!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered Member

My System

Thanks again for the excellent input. I'm looking into this to use it somewhat for a business and a lot of stuff just for friends, but I definitely agree that if im about to venture into a small business i have to spend some money to make some money. That cafe site is neat and like u said it could help me to gain some reputation in the graphics and design world. I'll definitely be looking into both of the suggestions that u guys offered me. Thanks again for the input.

- Camel
Closed Thread