Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

ATI FirePro Peformance Plug-ins Optimized for AutoCAD, 3ds Max

This is a discussion on ATI FirePro Peformance Plug-ins Optimized for AutoCAD, 3ds Max within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. From https://hothardware.com/News/ATI-Fire...utoCAD-3ds-Max ATI FirePro Peformance Plug-ins Optimized for AutoCAD, 3ds Max If you're an AutoCAD or 3ds Max user, you'll

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

From https://hothardware.com/News/ATI-Fire...utoCAD-3ds-Max
Quote:
ATI FirePro Peformance Plug-ins Optimized for AutoCAD, 3ds Max

If you're an AutoCAD or 3ds Max user, you'll find this information out of AMD today to be very interesting. ATI's FirePro application support team have devised a way to drastically increase the performance of FirePro or FireGL workstation graphics cards when running AutoCAD or 3ds Max.

AMD has just released a set of performance plug-ins designed to provide additional optimizations for AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2011, 3ds Max 2010, and 3ds Max 2011. With these plug-ins, ATI claims their "FirePro graphics cards offer more than double the performance over comparable consumer graphics cards." AMD claims users can expect significant improvements in visual quality as well.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #2
Registered Member

i would wonder how ingenious these break throughs are or whether it's known technology, but reserved to be released at another date. i remember when i bought my fireGL X1 that the gaming cards at the time had the same architecture, but had a small electronic block to stop the dcc drivers being installed. some electronic boffins managed to by pass this with a soldering iron and a resistor. hence, my cynicism since for the work station cards.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8Writer

Would these "enhancements" (if that's really what they are) work for other CAD software like SolidWorks or are they solely for AutoCAD?
Closed Thread