Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

ASP.NET Sites

This is a discussion on ASP.NET Sites within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to learn to program in ASP.NET and I was looking for some good web resources. I am

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #1

I am trying to learn to program in ASP.NET and I was looking for some good web resources. I am very familar with HMTL and Java, and I am familar with VB and C#. Basically, I am looking for some good sites for tips and example codes. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to MattBro
I suggest you learn .NET before you delve into ASP.NET. As once you know .NET, technologies that are based on it's technology (i.e. ASP.NET) end up just being references.

Also, I suggest you learn a programming language such as C before you go any further. But that's just personal opinion.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #3

Once you learn VB.NET, you pretty much know ASP.NET. I can't speak for the others, as I've only done those two :P

VB.NET is very easy to learn, and with the IDE, it's a breeze to make simple apps, and not too difficult to make not-so-simple ones.

But, as I've been told, a lot of the concepts won't transfer to other languages as much as something like C#/C++
Closed Thread