Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Design Discussion & FAQs

User Tag List

anywebsite using html5

This is a discussion on anywebsite using html5 within the Design Discussion & FAQs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was assigned the job to re-develop a HTML5 website. I am not very familiar with HTML5. Just wiki it

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

I was assigned the job to re-develop a HTML5 website. I am not very familiar with HTML5. Just wiki it and have very basic idea. Could anyone point out some sample which could help me learn more about it? Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

I have yet to look into HTML 5 but this may be useful to you:

HTML5 Tag Reference

I will ask one of my team who is familiar with HTML 5 to come help you out.

Welcome Susan!

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Old 12-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Hi Susan,

As the resident html5 guy I would say that there are a million and a half websites that say that they can teach you how to write html5. I believe that most of those sites will show you the same thing just with some different words. I have found SmashingMagazine.com's article on designing a html 5 layout from scratch to be a good starting point. It is will laid out and is written so that people that understand html can go through it no problem.

I would also be interesting in seeing the site that you have to update, and what they want changed. I might be able to give you some pointers on ways to speed up the recode.

Cheers!

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
Registered Member

thank you for sharing the resources. you know, it is always difficulty to get started
Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Registered Member

Your job assignment is probably done by now, but I recommend using html5 boilerplate. Google it, they have clear examples and videos. If you're done with re-developing the website I'm curious to see how it turned out.

Good luck!
Closed Thread