Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

URL fault query

This is a discussion on URL fault query within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello world! Very quick question.. Basically, I am having to manage a site for someone temporarily and I have very

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello world!

Very quick question..

Basically, I am having to manage a site for someone temporarily and I have very little knowledge of how they work and need a quick point in the right direction.

The site in question can be accessed by the url https://EXAMPLE WEBSITE.com, however when trying to access the site via https://www.EXAMPLE WEBSITE.com (including www.) the page appears to be unavailable.

I have access to the control panel for the site and assume I need to add a DNS record but don't know what to enter or what type of record (A or CNAME etc).

Any help would be GREAT!!

Thanks,

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
Registered Member

Turns out adding an 'A' record with www. URL .com worked.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Glad you were able to figure it out. Please come back if you have other questions.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer Loads & Uses Tons of Memory
Internet Explorer runs on it's own--in the background--and uses tons of memory. This is similar to a problem that a user named MalusCalibur had back in 2008. IE loads up and runs from 30K and climbs to anywhere from 100-300K of Memory. I've quelled this problem by constantly having Windows...
Deeke777 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 35 06-26-2012 01:11 PM
Website viewing differently on Chrome than it is Firefox
Hey everyone, I've noticed my website views differently on Chrome and Firefox. I do realise that it's difficult to create a site that is compatible with every browser, but this is the first I've had with Chrome and Firefox. It's only slight differences but noticeable. My site is Home I've...
outersquare Web Design & Development 5 03-26-2012 05:10 AM
BSOD - Driver power state failure - Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Hi I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 on my Dell Vostro 3300 notebook. Everytime I start on battery, I get the BSOD with driver power state failure. Going through similar issues posted here I realize that this is most likely due to a faulty driver. Could someone please help me identify the...
pkumarra BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 05-16-2011 09:46 PM
BSOD using Verifier.exe... - New Build [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]
Attempted to track down a suspected faulty driver using verifier.exe resulted in multiple BSOD, although only one mini-dump file was successfully written, of the Nvidia system driver nvlddmkm.sys. I was able to deduce this as I had checked each file one by one until BSOD's occurred. However,...
CycloneJoe67 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 02-10-2011 12:01 PM