Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Tomcat 9 Class ConfigurationSource Not Found

This is a discussion on Tomcat 9 Class ConfigurationSource Not Found within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm trying to run Tomcat 9 (have v8 running fine) but it doesn't start due to a missing class that

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm trying to run Tomcat 9 (have v8 running fine) but it doesn't start due to a missing class that I can't locate anywhere or in any lib. I have Tomcat 9 installed out of the box and it doesn't run even from the command like with a "catalina run". Upon Tomcat startup I am getting the following No Class Found error. Any help would be appreciated. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/file/ConfigurationSource at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:264) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:461) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.util.file.ConfigurationSource at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ... 6 more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member

Looks like I might have had a bad download from a Tomcat mirror. I downloaded version 9.0.14 from the tomcat archive and it words fine now.

https://archive.apache.org/dist/tomc...9/v9.0.14/bin/
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows script host C:\windows\run.vs
LOG IN FIRST REPLY SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING so yesterday or the day before to be specific i downloaded some file from the internet and it turned out to be a virus it started installing spam software such as nw.exe (i think that's the proper name) and some other stuff like a chinese browser and...
iCyZ Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 14 07-05-2016 11:29 AM
CPU at 100% most of the time.
Hi guys, Lately I have been having a problem with my PC. On several occasions my PC has slowed right down and virtually ground to a halt. When I've checked it with Task Manager, it shows that the processor is running at 100%, and that there are over 40 processes running at once. This can happen...
Hairymartin1966 Resolved HJT Threads 35 08-09-2013 11:33 AM
[SOLVED] Malware pest
dds and attach as requested I see dds.txt is showing sidekick DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16464 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.13.2 Run by norman at 14:12:17 on 2013-02-22 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.44.1033.18.3838.2410 . AV:...
norman1 Resolved HJT Threads 20 02-27-2013 02:38 PM
Ads, Ads, EVERYWHERE...
It started a few days ago. New window that opens with ad. Ads on pages I visit. AdChoices Ads over images. ox.srvoverlay.com/www/delivery/etc..... Also, at the same time the ads started, my search engine was redirected to Search . It is currently not doing that now, though. When I click...
DavesMom Resolved HJT Threads 17 12-09-2012 08:16 AM