User Tag List

Stumped

This is a discussion on Stumped within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I do tech admin stuff on a forum and this error has me stumped, maybe someone with more knowledge than

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

I do tech admin stuff on a forum and this error has me stumped, maybe someone with more knowledge than me can help me out. It's this:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Windows\Temp\phpA57D.tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\Inetpub\vhosts\website.com\) in [path]\includes\class_image.php on line 333

Warning: fopen(C:\Windows\Temp\phpA57D.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in [path]\includes\class_image.php on line 333

Might as well get someone to explain to me how to fix it since I give up, and I'll ask this so I can fix it again:

What does it mean?

Is it a software issue (i.e. vBulletin), is it a Parrells /Cpanel issue (the webserver we use) or is it a server issue?

What areas of the site do I need to check in order to fix this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

I will put this as nicely as I can. If you are a tech admin for a forum and you don't know how to look for errors and start to fix them then you either need to do a lot of learning or maybe not be the tech admin.

Let me explain what I am talking about. You found this error so does it just pop up for you when you go to a page or do you have to search the error logs for it. After that you see that it is a .php file, so I would go to the actual source code and find what is on line 333. If you don't have access to the source code you need to talk to someone who does. You have a couple of files here, you need to look at both of them and figure out at least in the basics what they are doing,

Next thing is your going to have to learn the basics of php if you don't already know them. PHP isn't that hard to learn at least the basics. For now I can help you if you post all of the stuff I have mentioned and then we can see where to start for fixing this issue.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

it's happening when users upload avatars on the forum. this is the error and i haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet.

the reason i why is we just updated to new vB when i was brought on and I havent worked with it at all so i'm just trying to figure this out. i know what i'm doing more or less.

might be worth saying the previous left me with a lot of unsorted out errors and poor backups.
Closed Thread