Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

slow internet connection

This is a discussion on slow internet connection within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi I am using bsnl 3g sim on micromax datacard. On activating 3g service first I get very good speed

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi I am using bsnl 3g sim on micromax datacard. On activating 3g service first I get very good speed around 200 kilobytes per sec in IDM. But now I am getting just 20 KBps. I don't know what happen please help me in this regard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

Smile

Hello,

There may be many reasons for this...

1. Check if your virtual memory on phone is near to full.

2. Try to find out in the speed of network in which you may be trying to use. Because, there are certain reasons that affect the speed in a WiFi zone in which you are into.

3. You may be capped by your mobile provider.

4. Kill all un-used application and free up some memory space.

5. If nothing works try to reinstall the wifi application with the settings.

Regards
StormInternet UK
Old 12-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

If you still face issues then call your ISP and inform them about the issue. There is a likely chance that they might ask you to move out and check speed in other locations in your vicinity.

Regards
StormInternet UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Registered Member

Hello,
Thanks for advice. I have actually two plan activated one I have 3g service at night and second 2g plan at daytime. At daytime its 2g speed but at night its again 2g speed though it deduct balance from 3g plan. Did ISP permanently set for 2g services?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell is running SO SLOW
Hi, I know next to nothing about most of what I'm finding on this site, but the step-by-steps are helpful! My Dell Insprion 1525 is running so slow, I can barely even run internal scans to find out what's wrong. It just took over 90 minutes to run my "Windows Experience Index." iTunes is no...
rebel150 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-05-2012 09:28 AM
search netsite virus
I am having trouble with the browser redirect virus. When I click a website on the google search page it takes me to search netsite webpage. If I paste that url directly there is no issue. Tried all anti virus, malware, spyware, combifix and so on.. nothing works pls help
amy123a Inactive Malware Help Topics 25 03-20-2012 10:58 PM
Redirecting and virus problems
My computer is redirecting and im sure i have a virus. When i try to run gmer it shuts my computer down even when only checking sections and c drive. Here is the logs that i could get. Thanks in advance. Timmy This is not the same computer as my previous problems. Thanks timmy DDS...
toliver30471 Resolved HJT Threads 21 02-23-2011 05:09 PM
Viruses/Malware...google redirect/ad background/etc
Got a few problems on my hands and hope it is not beyond repairable, reformat. I have the google redirect that is happening, also have a talking ad background that I do not know where it comes from. All browsers are closed and it still comes up. Also, I get a bubble pop sound all the time,...
uofmx12 Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 02-10-2011 10:24 PM