Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Salesforce Arabic encoding issue

This is a discussion on Salesforce Arabic encoding issue within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am currently having a problem entering Arabic names and numbers into my contact database on Salesforce. I have tried

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am currently having a problem entering Arabic names and numbers into my contact database on Salesforce. I have tried to solve it using Salesforce's suggestions but have not succeeded. Their suggestions included:

Unicode 8 and 16: Although I had originally used 16bit and the problem remained.

Any other suggestions still end up with an issue regarding unicode. However, I have tried using both 8 and 16 and nothing works. Thus far, Salesforce have not been helpful so I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Ibrokamel, welcome to TSF :)

You are going to need to set the MySQL charset to UTF-8 and the connection collation to utf8_general_ci, as well as setting your tables to utf8_general_ci.

To do so, you will need access to phpMyAdmin, or the SQL shell. Then you will need to run the SQL query:

Code:
ALTER DATABASE db_name CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
To do this globally (requires MySQL shell access), simply run from MySQL shell
Code:
charset utf8
and you will be good :)

Hopefully this helps.

NotePad++ | XXAMP | WordPress | Android SDK
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CounterStrike Source lag issue
I have been having a weird lag issue for about 10 months now, I have tried many things which have not solved the issue over that time, hopefully someone here can help. I built my computer myself. MOBO: GA-870A-UD3 (rev2.1) GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-870A-UD3 (rev. 2.1) CPU:...
Telento Online/Network Gaming Support 5 02-26-2011 03:56 PM
Acer Aspire AS5552G-7632 Issue
I've just recently purchased an Acer 5552G laptop and came about a disturbing issue while playing Minecraft a couple of times. Before I continue on I will post the specs: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit CPU Type: AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N660 3.0GHz Memory Size: 4GB DDR3
Hawkamania Laptop Support 18 02-26-2011 01:31 AM
big and weird issue. doesn't boot
Hello everyone. I am new on the forum. first oif all, i want to apologize for my english. You may find gramatical errors :laugh: So, here's the thing. yesterday my pc begun to suddenly shutdown itself, without any messages, like if someone umplugged the power supply. in the first hour when the...
falconsito Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 02-01-2011 04:50 PM
Xbox Live Connection Issue (still works but odd issue)
I've had this issue for quite some time now, and I think it may be due to recovering my gamertag on a different console, switching harddrive and doing a recovery, or just switching my Xbox in general. So here is my issue: everytime I turn on my Xbox it will automatically sign me into Xbox live...
KingMiedus Online/Network Gaming Support 5 01-30-2011 01:51 PM
[SOLVED] HEADSET ISSUE: I hear my voice in my headphones.
I have XP 32-bit. The headset i am having problems with is called the Razer Carcharias. (yes, i have installed the appropriate drivers, please dont go there, i know you mean well but trust me.) HERES MY PROBLEM: Somehow, the sound going into my mic is being transmitted through my headset. As a...
Pez Dex Other Hardware Support 9 01-26-2011 02:28 PM