Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Requesting Free Website Recomendations

This is a discussion on Requesting Free Website Recomendations within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for a service where I can build a free website, where I can place Amazon,

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Pencil

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for a service where I can build a free website, where I can place Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Cafepress HTML widgets onto the site.

I'm not a code warrior by any means, so I'd prefer something with fairly easy and intuitive web building tools.

I've tried Bravenet, and I like their tools, but to be able to use HTML widgets on their site requires a paid pro plan.

Any suggestions anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

you can try wordpress.com. You can edit their templates to include widgets. Not sure about their rules regarding html widgets, so you best read them first. i

mo, if you want to make money, you need to spend money and use a hosting service and purchase a domain name.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the response!

At this point I am not interested in spending money on hosting and a domain name, which is why the request is specifically for advice on free website recommendations. I want to investigate free options first.

I looked into wordpress.com, but it doesn't appear that they allow HTML widgets through their free service.

This guy touts Yola.com:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fZxJu14SQ

Frankly it seems like Yola would be fine for my current needs, except for the 1GB bandwidth for their free service. I'm not too techy, so I don't know how much traffic 1GB would allow, and am attempting to research that question now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
Registered Member

A guy in this conversation mentions that 1GB can handle on average about 5000 visitors a month. Considering my site will only have 1 page, perhaps mine will be able to handle more?

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=64203
Old 04-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

Looks like I can make a website with Dreamweaver and upload it to Zymic for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgUu-VX2Nxc
Old 04-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #6
- Design Team
- Networking Team

My System

A simple text site with minor images such as you've described could likely handle a million or so hits a month, with data to spare.

Closed Thread