Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Please help with installing certs on Apache/Tomcat

This is a discussion on Please help with installing certs on Apache/Tomcat within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all! I'm a programmer of many years but have been forced to complete wildcard certificates on several Tomcat servers.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all!

I'm a programmer of many years but have been forced to complete wildcard certificates on several Tomcat servers. The end goal being that a PowerShell script will auto-install these certificates on servers without any user intervention. I have the PowerShell kung-fu necessary to get the job done but I'm having real issues getting the certificates to install when doing my testing manually.
I think the problem lies in the certs that I was given to install, but I'm no expert. I keep getting errors.

The certs I was handed to convert/install/use are:
1) ourDomain.cer
2) ourDomain.p7b
3) ourDomain.pfx
4) ourDomain.csr
5) ourDomainIntermediate.cer
6) ourDomainRoot.cer

Again, all these are wildcard certs... e.g. *.mydomain.org

What's the proper way of importing all these certs into Apache/Tomcat? I need instructions using keytool and/or openssl programs. No clicking/dragging/user-intervention please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

First you will need to create a keystore & then use the command:

Code:
$JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -certreq -keylag RSA -alias -file.csr -keystroke [path/to/your/keystore]
to generate the CSR. The CSR is what your Certificate Authority (CA) will use to create the SSL certificate. A file yourcertificatename.csr will be created.

To import the Root Certificate use the following commands:

Code:
keytool -import -alias root -keystore [path/to/your/keystore] -trustcacerts -file [path/to/the/root_certificate
Code:
$keytool-import -alias [youralias] -keystore [path/to/your/keystore] -file [path/to/your_keystore]
Take a look at this tutorial which goes through the steps of how to configure SSL/TLS for Apache Tomcat:

+ https://hostadvice.com/how-to/how-to-configure-https-in-apache-tomcat/
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bootloader/MBR got deleted or corrupt. Help needed in Installing Win7.
I know too little about computers, maybe thats why I am going through this tragedy https://www.cnet.com/i/mb/emoticons/happy.gif ... Need urgent help ! I have a Sony VAIO laptop (Model: VPCEB32EN) which had Windows 7 installed. Recently I installed UBUNTU (alongside Win 7) so that I could heal...
amitsharmaq159c Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 02-04-2015 09:24 AM
Problems installing a new video card
Hello! I bought a 780 Ti (ASUS Matrix Platinum) and it finally arrived today (upgrading from a HD 6950 2GB). Rest of my specs are: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H, i7 3770, XFX 650W XXX Edition, Corsair Dominator 8GB (2x4) RAM. So, I uninstalled the old graphic card drivers, took the card out and popped...
neko_ceko Video Card Support 7 08-13-2014 01:47 PM
[SOLVED] Steam keeps installing vcredist and DirectX
Hi, I don't know what the purpose is, but Steam have kept installing the same versions of vcredist and DirectX over and over again for a year now. I started to get fed up with it, and one day had to make a clean install of Windows 7 for other reasons. I decided to experiment and downloaded /all/...
FreddeN93 PC Gaming Support 6 01-22-2014 09:28 AM
How do i disable intel's graphics?
I know that my PC comes with something similiar to a graphics card, it is even wired into my windows 8 settings all by itself. I am having a tech problem, and i believe the display card is the main problem as everything else seems to check, how can i disable it and go back to the display card-less...
aayushagra Video Card Support 37 03-25-2013 09:29 AM
[SOLVED] I am installing a new power supply now... a missing cable?
I removed my dell power supply and now installing a new one. I am installing this one: https://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/3328/2595/-/18832167/Corsair-Enthusiast-Series-TX650-V2-High-Performance-650W-ATX-Power-Supply/Product.html?searchfilters=ae36{Corsair}%2b However, the older power supply had...
yhayatli Cases and Cooling 4 04-27-2011 09:45 AM