Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Need 3rd party file management app that integrates with private social network

This is a discussion on Need 3rd party file management app that integrates with private social network within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please excuse my lack of technical language and expertise. I have a private social network that was built on the

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Please excuse my lack of technical language and expertise. I have a private social network that was built on the Ning CMS. Ning has some limitations on its file management in terms of individual file size and total storage space.

I'm looking for an app, if it exists, that would integrate with the private network so that logged-in users could access the remotely hosted files without entering another password, while unlogged-in users could not access the file. In other words, if I was logged in and copied the file URL and gave it to a friend who was not a member of the network, it would not work.

Does that exist? Can anyone suggest an alternative. What I'm trying to avoid is using something like Dropbox to host files where I'd have to password protect each individual file and have users enter it every time they wanted to access a file.

Thanks for your help!

--Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD Help
Computer is giving bsod, i have attached a bsod zip file of the 3 bsod mini dumps. thanks Summary Operating System MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU
dunz BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 03-12-2012 07:03 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD problems.
∑ Vista ∑ x64 ∑ What was original installed OS on system? None. Custom built. ∑ OEM: Full Retail Version ∑ Age of system (hardware): 3 years ∑ Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 3 years. Yes. ∑ CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale ∑ Video Card: EVGA GEforce 8800 GT...
ajcc323 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 25 02-24-2011 04:31 AM
DirectX Error [moved from Vista/7]
I've been told to run dxdiag, but when I do it says Error: Could not load dxdiagn.dll I've also downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. However, when I attempt to install direct x, this appears: An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXerror.log and DirectX.log in...
eiliant BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-07-2011 01:29 AM
Virus redirecting all of my pages.
My computer is completely screwed! First no sound now this! Almost every time I try to do something on the internet my page is getting redirected to something else! I always have to rush to click the X button to stop the page from loading. But I want a permanent fix! Please help.
TheresMoreToMe Resolved HJT Threads 26 01-26-2011 04:48 PM