08-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Join Date: Aug 2015
Running a phpbb3 forum on mySQL 5.5 . I am presently getting the following error:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Access denied for user 'ambell_user2'@'localhost' (using password: YES) 
FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
Here's what I did to cause it:
1. I reset the password for user ambell_user1 in cPanel and updated phpbb's config.php with the new info.
2. Checked and forum functioned correctly.
3. I deleted a couple of unused users and a couple of unused databases from the same account in cPanel
4. I then noticed the SQL ERROR.
5. At the time of the error, ambell_user1 was the only user assigned to the database. ambell_user2 was not.
6. I updated config.php with user ambell_user2 and password. The error remains.
7. I tried creating a new user and assigning it to the database, but the error remains.
Regardless of what user (new or existing) I enter into the phpbb config file, the error always shows ambell_user2 denied.
I do not know mysql, but I have read that there may be a statement (flush-privileges or reload) that will reset user privileges and hopefully clear up the problem, but I was unable to figure out the syntax.
Any assistance is appreciated!