Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Mail server issues. Mail end in spam.

This is a discussion on Mail server issues. Mail end in spam. within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So we have a dedicated server, each domain hosted has properly set up SPF and DKIM. They send and recieve

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8 Pro, Server 2008/2012, CentOS

So we have a dedicated server, each domain hosted has properly set up SPF and DKIM.

They send and recieve mails, but their mails always end up in the persons spam folder. This is really bad, as many mails and correspondence are lost because of this and newsletters end up having no one read them, as they're in spam.

I have read about reverse DNS and PTR records. Our IP resolves to:

75.154.201.109.in-addr.arpa. 13836 IN PTR thor.handi-it.dk.

Is this correct? and what does the individuel domains have to use? Do they use the same mailer if on the same IP?

We really want to prevent our mails from ending up in spam all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
- Design Team
- Networking Team

My System

They won't necessarily use the same mail daemon if they're on the same IP, but that won't matter since most spam blocks are IP- or domain-based. Having correct SPF and DKIM records help, but aren't necessarily a panacea to preventing your outbound emails ending up in spam folders. The best hope you have is to try and contact your web host's support personnel and see if they'll do the legwork necessary to get your IP removed from the spam blocker.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linux Mail Server support
Hi, I have a some issue in linux mail server configuration. I have installed linux red-hat mail server and squirrel mail . we can able to send and receive mails using web mail log in, then i was configured in ms outlook 2007 and can able to receive the mail's but i unable to send the mails,...
Senthil.P Linux Support 1 06-06-2013 03:16 PM
Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2008 Server
Hello, I have a problem. I have a old Dell Windows 2003 Domain Controller server. We purchased a new server, the old is out of warranty, Insurance. The thought is to add the new Dell 2008 R2 server to the Domain and then prompt it to Domain controller and demote the 2003 to a member. PS...
sblair_5 Windows Servers 20 04-06-2012 02:12 PM
Access to Internet lost
Hi guys, I'm working on a home network where quite regularly the internet connection drops and requires the router to be restarted. I know this is something that can happen from time to time but this is happening every few days. For this reason we swapped the modem/router for a new one to see if...
PaoloPanella Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 9 03-11-2011 05:55 AM
adding Application server to network
Hello, I have a dl380 g5 it has terminal server running on it and ad, it is also our applications server, it is running server 2003, SAP accounting software and it is also our file server, so I am going to add a couple server to the mix. I am planning on purchasing a g7 proliant dl 380. ...
balbert123 Networking Support 5 01-31-2011 01:42 PM