Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

How to re upload a website

This is a discussion on How to re upload a website within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, I'm not really sure if this is the correct category, but let's find out. So I made a

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm not really sure if this is the correct category, but let's find out. So I made a forum, added boards, themes etc. And I wanted to change my host, how do I re-upload my website? Do I simply just re-upload all my files from the other server? Or do I upload my SQL file and then re upload it, solutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
- Design Team
- Networking Team

My System

You need to re-upload the entire site (structure intact), download a copy of the database and then import that into a database at your new host, and then update the configuration files to point from the old database to the new one. You also may need to make changes to the configuration files to account for the new file path if it changes (such as /home/user/www becoming /home/user/sitename.com).

Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

what software do you use for forum? If someone here is using or has used the same forum software, you may be able to get more specific instructions.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Website Upload
Hi I'm a problem on how to upload files to my website just to upgrade to a new look. How can I do this or how can I go about this procedure.
Gegz Web Serving and Management 2 06-27-2011 03:58 PM
Looking to get better quality on my scans
I have HP C4180 All-in-one (print, scan, copy) Right now I'm trying to scan a yearbook that I never got myself, back when I was in middle school. I want to scan the whole thing and return it to the owner, who has not had it in months. Only thing is, I don't want the quality to be bad as I probably...
PC person Printer Support 4 06-15-2011 06:02 PM
Mirroring multiple FTP website mirrors together up upload to each of them at once.
Is there any sort of program out there that makes mirroring easy? To upload your files to one ftp location and have it automatically start on the next sequentially, or simultaneously? Thanks very much. -Tim.
Timssims Web Design & Development 8 03-18-2011 07:30 PM
Mirroring multiple FTP website mirrors together up upload to each of them at once.
Wasn't quite sure of where to put this. Is there any sort of program out there that makes mirroring easy? To upload your files to one ftp location and have it automatically start on the next sequentially, or simultaneously? Thanks very much.
Timssims Web Serving and Management 1 03-16-2011 05:52 AM