Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

How to prevent new Yahoo accounts from being created while in Yahoo, on my computer?

This is a discussion on How to prevent new Yahoo accounts from being created while in Yahoo, on my computer? within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Is there a way to prevent others while they are "in Yahoo itself" from them creating a new account

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, Is there a way to prevent others while they are "in Yahoo itself" from them creating a new account with Yahoo? Please I'm not asking to prevent them entering my computer using outside passwords into Windows etc. Is there a way to disable this within the Internet Explorer 8.0 or in the registry?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF Yahoo is nothing to do with windows it's a website and they have a search engine Etc https://uk.yahoo.com/ so how would you stop someone making an account, unless you block the site via your firewall or router.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

You should restrict casual Users to the "Guest" account. Family members should have user accounts with no Admin privileges. There are 3rd party programs that put further restrictions on User Accounts.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying advice for new laptop please
I am looking to buy a new laptop for my programming major at university. Thus, it has to be a very robust machine, with adequate cooling, 1920x1080 resolution and easy maintenance (easy to add and remove SATA II hdds). Which brand should I get? Please help me decide from this list: ALTERNATE ...
12311 Laptop Support 13 10-22-2013 09:34 AM
windows update will not run. Last back up failed.
Hello, Please help. I can not run a windows update and the update history is blank. There is constantly an error in the bottom right of the screen that the last back up failed. When I try to run the windows update it says "windows update cannot check for updates, because te service is not...
Tlaptony Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 24 11-18-2012 10:48 PM
Random Music and Unable to turn on updates
Hi, As with many other users I am having the same problem with random music/ads playing on my system at will all the time. I also have an issue that I cannot turn on windows updates when i go here: Control Panel / System and Security / Windows Updates. Every time I click "check for updates" I...
robbi8299 Resolved HJT Threads 31 09-11-2012 03:45 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in todayís modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM