Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

how to give my public ip address a global domanin name?

This is a discussion on how to give my public ip address a global domanin name? within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have my public IP set up already and can remotely view it from outside my home using my

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I have my public IP set up already and can remotely view it from outside my home using my public address. I type in my IP address and I see the website I created. But how to give that IP add a name like Business website needed? Create a small business website with 1&1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

Hi,

Do you have a domain registered? If i'm reading your post right then i believe you want a websitename.com? or are you talking about something else?

Registered Linux User #556090
Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have a domain registered but its not in a .com format, how do I get a websitename.com? and how do those point to my computer? Does it simply redirect to my original registered domain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

You would need to register the websitename.com with your hosting company, providing it hasn't already been registered. Then its a matter of updating the A records to point to the server with the site on it.

Registered Linux User #556090
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] help!!!! guy gone crazy with bluscreans!!!:@:@
i have an intel dh55hc motherboard in my pc i built my pc during summertime and at that time i got the patriot ram ... the whole stock had problems .. (they work with onestick bt the pc wont boot with 2 sticks) so i had a stick of 2gigs of that ram .. then i upgraded it with a kingston ram ..and...
avok95 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 21 11-17-2013 06:14 AM
Cisco 1841+ issue having with public ip address
Hi Everyone. Am having an issue with my cisco 1841. I recently brought some IP Publics. Now that i need them i just can't use them :( I don't know much about routers but till now have successfully manage to do some stuffs with the router after googling a lot LOL let me give you some...
Gaitan Protocols and Routing 3 06-14-2012 09:08 AM
Various BSOD Error's
I have so many Blue Screen errors on my PC I don't know what to do with myself. I have re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate fresh. I have been running Driver Verifier for the past 6 hours. No BSOD so far so I am thinking it isn't a driver issue. I have ran the Seagate HD Diagnostic Test,...
Reminisce BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 02-11-2012 10:43 AM
New rig getting BSoD on select steam games.
I recently built a new computer and everything seems to be running smoothly; however, certain games will give me the BSoD upon startup and I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm sure it's hardware but certain games will play. For instance, I'm able to play Skyrim(and HL-2) without any incidents...
listen_ BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 16 01-10-2012 12:11 AM
[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection
Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router. Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early...
redsox01 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 16 09-10-2011 06:24 AM