Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

FTP Site to CMS

This is a discussion on FTP Site to CMS within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have website that has been hosted in the internet. My website was build using FTP Site. I understand

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have website that has been hosted in the internet.

My website was build using FTP Site.

I understand if I need to transfer my website to Drupal CMS, I have to redesign the website. But, how about the hosting part ?

Thanks

Regards,
Stella
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Design Team

OS: Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 10, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Linux, UNIX

My System

Stella99,

The issue is going to come down to what does your host support. If it's a free host, they probably won't support enough to run Drupal. Your best bet is to get with your host and ask them what CMS' they are capable of supporting. They will likely have 2-3 that is their preference. Some hosts even have automated installation systems set-up so that you don't have to do it.

Really, you need to talk with your host to to learn what they will allow you to do, then research CMS' based upon the limitations of the host.

I hope this helps. ^^
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Site to Site VPN routers needed
I have a small two office network that I've had connected with a Linksys RVS4000 and an WRVS4400N through a site to site vpn tunnel. It's worked great for the last few years. The WRVS4400N died and now I need to replace it, and possibly both routers. I don't want to buy another RVS4000 or...
Kaizmuth Networking Support 3 02-17-2013 02:42 PM
FTP Connection Issue
Good day, I have been using FTP Surfer and FileZilla for years with no problem. I changed nothing on my system or network, and today, nothing works. two things happen 1. Error: Could not connect to server 2. Error: File transfer failed after transferring 458,752 bytes in 53 seconds ...
locke_gb7 Protocols and Routing 3 12-13-2011 09:58 AM
Site visitor says my site gave her a trojan virus - any way to check?
I don't believe my site's responsible, but of course want to do my due-diligence to confirm. The visitor said she went from Facebook directly to my site (pixelkickmedia.com) and received a Trojan popup message while on my site (20-30 seconds after it loading). I do not have any advertising on...
canderson00 Web Design & Development 35 10-29-2011 02:32 PM
I have script i don't want running on my site
I'm not sure if this is the right section but I need some advice and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running a forum on forumotion and I use mozilla firefox and noscript. Recently I noticed Criteo script is running on my forum, this is not standard on forumotion do you have any idea...
Simpson Web Design & Development 6 07-07-2011 05:18 AM