Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Ftp account

This is a discussion on Ftp account within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please assist,how can I get ftp username and password of a website i am managing.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Angry

Please assist,how can I get ftp username and password of a website i am managing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

You would have been given the username and password when you set up the account

Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

I would contact your host and they should be able to send you that information.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

hay to following the bellow steps to recover use password and user name in FTP

Quote from How to Find the FTP Username & Password for Wordpress | Chron.com
Quote:
Step 1
Log into your website administration page using the username and password provided by your web host. This takes you to the administrative panel. The most common panel used is CPanel, however the panel used by your web host may be different.

Step 2
Look for the "FTP Accounts" link and click it. In CPanel, this is located in the Files menu. This opens the FTP Accounts page.

Step 3
Look at the list of the FTP accounts already created for your website. In CPanel, this is near the bottom of the page. The usernames are displayed, but not the passwords. If you already have an FTP account but can't remember the password, you can click the "Change Password" button to change it.

Step 4
Add a new FTP account if you don't already have one. In CPanel, type a username in the "Login" text field.

Step 5
Type a password in the first "Password" text field. For best security, use a complicated password at least eight characters long, comprised of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. A password strength indicator in CPanel shows you if your password is weak or strong.

Step 6
Retype the password in the second "Password" text field.

Step 7
Leave the directory at it's default root directory. If you are creating an FTP account for someone else, you may want to limit it to your main WordPress directory. This prevents the account from accessing other folders on your website.

Step 8
Leave the Quota field at its default "Unlimited" setting. If you are creating the account for someone else, you may want to limit the file sizes they can upload.

Step 9
Click the "Create" button. You can now access your FTP server using the username and password you just created and a client software like FileZilla, CuteFTP, Coffee Cup FTP or any other client.
Closed Thread