Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Exracting results from solr to our UI

This is a discussion on Exracting results from solr to our UI within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, 1) When we give query on our UI then we are getting the results according to query in xml

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

1) When we give query on our UI then we are getting the results according to query in xml format of solr in new window.

2) For getting these results to our UI :

We are saving the above result page which gives us select.xml file. It has results for given query. Now we are able to extract xml results to our Ui.

But how to extract xml results to our UI without saving xml file?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Hi,

I am not sure what UI you are using, and I really know nothing of solr. Can you give me some more information and I will try and help you.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi,

I have created UI using html and javascript. Solr is a tool which is used for indexing after nutch performs crawling for search engine. Basically solr provides me the xml web page in a new tab after i give a call to it using xhttp.open("GET",url,true); where
url contains the path of web page along with parameters as query entered by user in my search engine.

But i want to extract those values of tags in my javascript. For that i am getting error as xmlDoc is null in my browser console.

So what should i do?

Thank you..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

So you want to have the xmlDoc to me converted to and http document or some other format that can be used in a browser?

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Registered Member

I have used AJAX in html..but after making connection open with "GET",url+parameters..I am not getting any response..means xmlDoc is NULL...

So what to do??
Closed Thread