Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Export & Import Wordpress blog

This is a discussion on Export & Import Wordpress blog within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a problem here. I am running a blog under wordpress.com with almost 100 posts. Nothing big. I

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hello,

I have a problem here. I am running a blog under wordpress.com with almost 100 posts. Nothing big. I want to export everything to my computer. I am also running xampp and I installed a new wordpress blog at my localhost. Same theme. When I tried to upload the xml file things went wrong.

Feature image can not be uploaded.
Some posts are not uploaded (~60% of whole was successfully uploaded)
At me home page there are no posts and only the first hello (default post)

Can anyone help me out? What am i doing wrong? :? My goal is to create a blog at my localhost and then upload it to a new server where i can fully customize it.

thank you for your time guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

I would start with reading the Moving WordPress. It should get you started and pointed in the right direction.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Old 04-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

I would say you have some settings wrong at the local host. try opening the xml file with notepad or some other text editor and see if any of the missing posts are in the file. you will see a bunch of strange symbols between posts but the post themselves will be readable. this will verify that your xml file is okay. if the posts are missing, then you will need to export the file again from wordpress.com

if the xml file is okay, then check to see if the missing posts are from the same catagories. for example if all of your posts are in one catagory but another is missing posts, you need to check the catagory setting. what about widgets settings? are they the same? some widgets at wordpress.com is a modified addon. so you may need the actual addon in the script.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WOrdpress 3.5 Internal Server Error W3 Cache
OK, so I installed that w3 cache plugin... Now I am getting a Internal Server Error error. I tried deleting the plugin through FTP, it didn't work. What can I do? Help please? Not sure if this helps but here's what my HTaccess says: Here is the error log on my root. I took out my username...
wwe9112 Web Design & Development 3 12-16-2012 01:15 AM
Import / export between MS visio 2003 and MS project 2003 for timeline
I have set up time line in Visio 2003 where I want to be able to add my own shapes or modify my shapes to add milestone property ( ie date ) and then export / import data between Project 2003 and Visio 2003. I have a number of timelines. The milestone is represented as circle and a cyliner as a...
rashiklalshah Microsoft Office support 0 10-31-2011 09:00 AM
Google Friends Connect Members Gadget w/ Multiple Url/Aggregated Feed Wordpress Blog
I think I have an interesting blog challenge, which is a self-hosted Wordpress(.org). I would like to set up my blog, with Google Friends Connect, and have the Members Gadget in all of my SIDEBARS. I have 7 sidebars, because my blog consists of 7 slightly different urls, that are all connected...
Plymrocker Web Design & Development 8 06-22-2011 07:04 AM
Import export IE settings
Is there a way to import or export IE settings so that I can compare my settings with those of my colleague? I have a web application that lets users click on a link to view a zipped folder, which resides in a database. My colleague clicks the link and he is taken to another page, where a Save...
cashdesk Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 1 06-13-2011 11:39 AM
[SOLVED] Can import but not export printers
Hi! I am in the work to clear up among the printers and change to a dedicated server. Currently today we have two printservers, virtual server 2005 windows 2003 r2 32-bit servers, one is also a AD server. I have one windows 2008 r2 64-bit server (AD server) And one VirtualBox windows 2003...
Upaco Windows Servers 1 01-28-2011 02:40 AM