Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Easy backup VPS?

This is a discussion on Easy backup VPS? within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have VPS (with Ubuntu Server). Files and DBs are not very large (~10-20 GB totally) but I need to

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have VPS (with Ubuntu Server). Files and DBs are not very large (~10-20 GB totally) but I need to make periodic backups of all user data.

I'm looking for simple solutions that allows to backup all this stuff to Amazon S3, and meet some conditions:
  • Easy to configure, because I'm newbie in server administration
  • Backup all files (entirely /home directory)
  • Backup MySQL DB
  • Incremental weekly backups
Could you give advice for my case or recommend good tools for such backups?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
- Design Team
- Networking Team

My System

I'd suggest setting up an rsync script, since it's designed to transfer only changed data once you have the first backup completed.

Another option would be to use something like S3 Tools.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Web Easy 5 posted in new thread
Web Easy Pro v5 I am desperate. I hope someone here can help me. In 2005 with NO training whatsoever I created the site Home Helping Hands International Ministry Empowering women and children of Kenya to escape the cycle of poverty. It is our mission site. I have since taken a course...
vmathews3 Web Design & Development 4 05-05-2011 09:45 PM
Corrupt c drive
I'm technologically challenged. I have an HP Pavilion e9270t, windows 7, intel Core computer. I tried to back up files today and get a message that say the backup did not successfully complete. Then: \Users\Chris\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\. Windows Backup skipped...
cea1054 Hard Drive Support 3 04-10-2011 08:11 PM
Best Data Backup Method?
I've been doing some research and have had my ways of backing up my PC but I'm not sure if it's the most effective and efficient or secure. I was just wondering a few things. First, should I use a backup program like you have listed such as Paragon or Norton Ghost as opposed to just scheduling a...
n.atcheson General Computer Security 6 03-01-2011 09:33 PM