Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Download Button - counters

This is a discussion on Download Button - counters within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My web site Bobs Card Models permits the downloading of numerous paper models. How can I monitor how many times

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

My web site Bobs Card Models permits the downloading of numerous paper models. How can I monitor how many times each download button has been pressed?
Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

One way that I can think of now is to create a MySql database table and structure it to contain the following info:

PHP Code:
$ip $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$hostaddress gethostbyaddr($ip);
$browser $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
$referred $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']; // a quirky spelling mistake that stuck in php 
Then you can do a MySql query to SELECT all of the entries and display the above info in a table and also display the count of entries.

By using a database the info is still there after you close the site window.

Use a form in HTML to display the button:

HTML Code:
<form name="input" action="html_form_action.php" method="post">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form> 
The .php file will INSERT the info (above) into the database table.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing old viruses
I was purchasing a Registry Cleaner and could not get it running. Called for support and they took control of my computer. They brought up a file of what I think were 3 years of old viruses and informed me that I would have to purchase new software from them to delete these items, because that is...
joewag747 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 49 06-12-2012 12:51 AM
Wierd Power Button Issue
Hello I have an Asus g53sx laptop, which I bought only a couple months ago, and recently the power button has not been working properly. I've take it to several techs who could not fix it, and the only thing I would be able to do is send it in to Asus for repair, but this takes 1 month which I...
mouthwash27 Laptop Support 1 01-06-2012 11:00 AM
Java button not receiving mouse events
package classTests; import java.awt.Color; import java.awt.Dimension; import java.awt.Graphics; import java.awt.event.ActionEvent; import java.awt.event.ActionListener; import javax.swing.AbstractButton; import javax.swing.JFrame; import javax.swing.JPanel;
Special2God Programming 0 12-19-2011 03:38 PM
Vista to XP Downgrade Compaq/ HP F700/G6000/DV6900/DV6700/DVx7xx/DV9800 Series Laptop
GUIDELINES Please read the following:. I have compiled a list of drivers for the Compaq Presario/HP F700/G6000,DV6900/DV6700/x7xx and DV9800 series laptops with an AMD Processor ONLY. These drivers have been used "Successfully" to downgrade these laptops from Vista to XP. I must warn you....
BCCOMP Laptop Support 3 11-04-2008 07:58 PM