Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Confused about Windows Server or Linux One

This is a discussion on Confused about Windows Server or Linux One within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello there. I am somewhat confused as to which hosting service should I opt for my new website. I want

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Hello there. I am somewhat confused as to which hosting service should I opt for my new website. I want the best web hosting provider in terms of Security and Reliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Hi ,

Since you're running Linux I think you know a little about the tech world. As far as hosts are concerned, I use https://www.hosting24.com

They provides secure (SSL) and reliable service. If you have a problem with the service, they are quick to fix the problem. In their cPanel they provide lots of goodies; and all a great price.

To add, Hosting24 runs Linux.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Since I focus on Security first, I have heard of the LoopSecure Security Management System which provides you multiple levels of Security from threats and attacks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

With the security issue, you will have to check with the various hosting services to see what level of security they offer.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:53 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaoor View Post
Hello there. I am somewhat confused as to which hosting service should I opt for my new website. I want the best web hosting provider in terms of Security and Reliability.
Do you need a shared hosting or dedicated/VPS hosting?

Dedicated server or VPS security is mostly your concern :)

And shared web hosting usually offers good security settings so your website most likely can be hacked through your website vulnerabilities or weak passwords than hoster's

So I think you can pick a hoster using some other criteries than security :)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow computer- UDS:Dangerous.Object.Multi Generic
Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite with a pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.00 GHz, with 768 Mb of Ram, running on XP SP3. It is very, very slow, often hanging on trying to open an Internet page. I ran various svans: Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, AVG, and finally Kaspersly. The latter came up with...
qimqim Inactive Malware Help Topics 38 12-03-2013 04:54 AM
[SOLVED] Re: IE7 cannot connect with secure sites
Hi...Corday of the Internet Explorer forum site suggested that I put the DDS file and Attach files on this forum. I could not download the ark.txt from the many GMER sites that I saw. The following was sent to Corday who suggested the re-direction to the Security centre. Corday..thanks...
raringer Resolved HJT Threads 43 06-26-2012 08:33 PM
Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2
Hi Everybody, I have this issue with my computer: Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2 have been detected by Antivir and, though removed, reappear at the PC reboot. Avira RealTime Protection keeps sending alerts, detecting unspecified viruses with access denied. Several of the directories...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-15-2012 11:19 AM
virus removal help
:smile::smile: thanks in advance for any help you can provide. i have been a member on the forum for a number of yrs, and you have helped me in the past. i started to see my pc slow down so i did all the standard (cleaning, delete all tmp files, etc) it did not help. then i notice that i was...
stroh Resolved HJT Threads 50 03-04-2012 07:06 AM
"System Fix" virus hijacked computer
Hello, I’ve got a computer infected with the “System Fix” Virus. I believe the OS is Windows XP Professional. Searching the Tech Support Forum lead me to this thread: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/im-in-trouble-614906.html Since that thread is getting quite long, I figured...
SilentJim Resolved HJT Threads 48 12-02-2011 08:10 AM