Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Configuring a Dokuwiki Webserver

This is a discussion on Configuring a Dokuwiki Webserver within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am trying to configure dokuwiki on an Ubuntu Server. First, I installed LAMP (Linux Apache MySql PHP) and

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I am trying to configure dokuwiki on an Ubuntu Server.

First, I installed LAMP (Linux Apache MySql PHP) and then I installed DokuWiki to the default filepath: localhost/dokuwiki/doku.php

When I try to access this on another computer, I receive the message "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /dokuwiki/doku.php on this server."

I have done some research, and I have determined that this is probably a security issue with my server.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this working? I can't find much information online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
- Design Team
- Networking Team

My System

The directories need to be readable by the user/group that Apache is run by. You can check the Apache user by opening the httpd.conf file wherever Apache is installed.

If there is an .htaccess file anywhere in the directory in question, or any parent directory, make sure it is configured correctly.

Have you created any simple test pages to verify basic remote functionality of the web server?

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Dokuwiki some functionality broken after failed tinkering
Hi there. I wanted to get rid of the inability to have spaces in pagenames as it looks unprofessional. since it was rather close to my Anteater Dokuwiki so I thought would be able to perform the tricks provided. However, altering the template.php with nothing other than...
-WOLF- Web Serving and Management 5 02-10-2013 01:55 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD Windows Webserver
Hi, I'm configuring a web server and suddenly start to have BSODs. I tried to unninstall almost all softwares I was configuring and the BSOD keep happening. I couldnt link the BSOD with a specific action.. sometimes it occurs even when nobody is acessing the server. Its a Intel Xeon E5620, 16...
guiklein BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-22-2012 06:10 AM
Webserver Load-Balancing and Redundancy
Hi Guys My company hosts multiple client websites and we are responsible for ensuring the sites are available 99.9% of the time all year round. Currently we use RoundRobinDNS for 3 webservers in 2 different locations: Webserver A & B are currently Load-balanced using microsoft's NLB and...
robbiecookie101 Windows Servers 2 08-28-2011 04:46 PM
Ideas on what to lab for the 70-680 Microsoft Exam
So basically the title says it all. I am trying to get a big long list of things to practice for the test that would cover all the objectives. List your ideas here if you have any please :). I want to lab as much stuff as I can.
tim19889 Certification & Career 5 05-28-2011 11:39 AM
MCTS: Configuring Server 2008 and Active Directory
First of all I love the new look. This site really needed some visual inspiration and I think it's found that now lol. But that's not what this post is about...what I'm wanting your opinions on is this... Do you think the MCTS: Configuring Server 2008 and AD is something worth pursuing for me in...
tim19889 Certification & Career 6 03-04-2011 06:11 PM