Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Bulk Emailing SMTP Problem. Please Help.

This is a discussion on Bulk Emailing SMTP Problem. Please Help. within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My company tried to send out a mass email using microsoft office's mail merge function. There were about 10000 email

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

My company tried to send out a mass email using microsoft office's mail merge function.

There were about 10000 email addresses in the list. For some reason only the first 200-ish even tried to send, after which it just stopped.
Even worse, of those 200, HALF of them bounced back with this error:

EDIT: There are so many different errors for the different emails that posting them wasn't going to help. Most of them are 550s, but there's all different explanations. and some have other error codes.

I looked up the errors, and it seems to be a thing that occasionally happens based on the receiving end's SMTP server or the wrong email address, but for HALF of the emails to do it seems wrong. and even then to only have 200 go out with no explanation is perplexing.

I can't work out what's going on, and any assistance or advice will be much appreciated.

Please Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

Turns out sending that many emails at once makes the recipient servers think your emails are spam. My bad. not doing that again, in case we get blacklisted!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Well, 10k mails is a LOT :)
Most providers will drop your mail almost immediately and you will have the problems with delivery anyway.

Even if your mail list is legit and not spam at all it can be challenging.

You may try to use your own mail server for that but it still can be hard enough.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Gremlins or hardware problem?
Several symptoms, I can't tell if this is a hardwre or software problem 1. machine has become very slow, 2. Firefox freezes, when it starts it may open five or six tabs. 3. wireless mouse stops working, touch pad fails at the same time. 4. Sometimes freezes on the welcome screen, and...
Gene145 Resolved HJT Threads 20 08-07-2015 07:49 AM
Redirecter in my win 8.1 sync settings or ???
Ok so for some time now malware bytes is blocking my metro/modern/etc IE of windows 8.1 from redirecting to androrat.xx.xx (put x's for safety but it's co.cc) and to ncrypt.xx (it started with ncrypt but today i saw the androrat one and - kinda forgot about this one but i do know it might be .in or...
Medicated Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-15-2015 07:04 PM
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Hi all, I have been getting BSOD every once in a while and after starting laptop. HP pavilion dv6 Notebook pc Home premium Windows 7 amd phenom(tm) II p960 quad -core processor 1.80 ghz 6.00 gb (5.74 gb usable) 64 bit.
immigranta BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 8 12-14-2012 08:42 AM
Weird Monitor Problem
Hello Ladies and Gents, First time posting here as i can usually troubleshoot an issue and solve it on my own or find the same problem somewhere on the net. However, I have run into an issue that I cannot figure out, nor can I find someone who had a similar issue. I am working on a system...
Slylok Video Card Support 3 12-09-2011 04:36 PM
SMTP connector on windows server 2003
Hi everyone, My problem is that I need to install a SMTP connector on a server and I have no clue how to configure it. Here's what I need : I got 2 server. there's one server with an intranet email service so people in the company can send emails to other employees. When someone receive an...
Lagm Windows Servers 1 11-10-2011 04:52 PM