Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Assigning ASP 4 to site without restarting IIS in 2003

This is a discussion on Assigning ASP 4 to site without restarting IIS in 2003 within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello All, I would like to share an Idea of assigning ASP.net 4.0 to a site after having read a

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cool

Hello All,

I would like to share an Idea of assigning ASP.net 4.0 to a site after having read a lot of whitepapers and articles...
There is a solution to configure Asp.Net 4.0 web application in IIS6 on Windows 2003 R2 SP2 x64.

Here are few steps that you can follow:

Open command prompt on the Server

Go to the default path of Asp.Net 4
i.e >> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

Run the below command:

aspnet_regiis -lk | find "12345"
(the number "12345" is the identifier of your web site that you will get in IIS)

After you run the command on server, you will get the current Asp.Net version which is set for your website
i.e. W3SVC/12345/ROOT/ 2.0.50727.3053

Once done, run the command
aspnet_regiis.exe -norestart -s "W3SVC/12345/ROOT/"

this will set ASP.net (4.0.30319) recursively at W3SVC/12345/ROOT/

Once its done, it'll register ASP.net 4 for the site and you do not need to restart IIS on the server.

Have a great time..

Regards
StormInternet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 2003 Server Restarting Issue
Hi Team, I have a issue of restarting the server 2003 and also don't update date and time after changing the cmos battery. I update the patches but the problem is not resolve. Can someone helps me....
sumeet.agrawal Windows Servers 4 09-11-2011 12:08 PM
I have script i don't want running on my site
I'm not sure if this is the right section but I need some advice and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running a forum on forumotion and I use mozilla firefox and noscript. Recently I noticed Criteo script is running on my forum, this is not standard on forumotion do you have any idea...
Simpson Web Design & Development 6 07-07-2011 05:18 AM
Windows 2008 DC not Replicating with Windows 2003 ADC on Remote Site
I had Windows 2003 Based domain and migrated it to Windows 2008 Server Ent. And I have removed all the old Windows 2003 DCís from the domain. Now we got a requirement that is need have DR site. So I successfully installed New DCís on Windows 2003 R2 Ent., According to the requirement. But...
dilanmanju Windows Servers 1 01-10-2011 10:40 AM