Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

Apache web server questions.

This is a discussion on Apache web server questions. within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a few questions regarding Apache web server. 1.) When I want to view my file remotely, I

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I have a few questions regarding Apache web server.

1.) When I want to view my file remotely, I have to set the port forwarding and I saw any port # works, but if I want to get a free domain name from free domain name providers, they require my public IP but do they require the port to be 80?

2.) I am able to set a single website using my computer, I can access it remotely too. I read that to set multiple website using one computer, I need to make new domain names and more folders and use the virtual hosting feature. Locally in a home network it seems easy. But I do not understand how will my domain name using the free domain name providers point to my other domain names / folders via my public IP address?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2008 Server
Hello, I have a problem. I have a old Dell Windows 2003 Domain Controller server. We purchased a new server, the old is out of warranty, Insurance. The thought is to add the new Dell 2008 R2 server to the Domain and then prompt it to Domain controller and demote the 2003 to a member. PS...
sblair_5 Windows Servers 20 04-06-2012 02:12 PM
Remote Web Server
Hi, I purchased the book Making Things Talk by Tom Igoe. It it part of the MAKE: Projects collection. The book mentions...One of the most effective debugging tools you'll use in making the projects in this book is a command-line remote access program, which allows you access to the command-line...
tayexdrums Web Serving and Management 17 07-31-2011 12:07 AM
Print Server questions..Help a newbie pls
Hi First post,big ask, so please go gentle. I'm only a part time technician who does the mundane jobs of sorting out the day to day problems for people who have no idea about computers. I'm hoping (with limited help) to make use of an old server and use it as a print server with print...
Caretaker Networking Support 4 01-28-2011 12:02 PM
Virus redirecting all of my pages.
My computer is completely screwed! First no sound now this! Almost every time I try to do something on the internet my page is getting redirected to something else! I always have to rush to click the X button to stop the page from loading. But I want a permanent fix! Please help.
TheresMoreToMe Resolved HJT Threads 26 01-26-2011 04:48 PM