Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Serving and Management

User Tag List

apache virtual host question...

This is a discussion on apache virtual host question... within the Web Serving and Management forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I figured that when I type in my IP address in an "IP add to domain name converter" (just like

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

I figured that when I type in my IP address in an "IP add to domain name converter" (just like this one here IP to domain name convert | Online network tools), I was able to get my domain name. I used to think that domain names are always paid for but apparently I have a domain name already which is basically "my IP address and my ISP name.net"

From there I created a website using Apache. Using URL redirects I can now use my personal name (although its not a .com but it will do. Another downside to using URL redirects is that I am not the owner of the site, I am only the owner of the original URL. When I want Google to crawl to my site I have to use my original URL and not the URL redirect link.). But that is beside the point, I can successfully view my website from anywhere now.

I researched even further that using virtual host (vhost) in Apache, I can host more websites. But how can I get more free domain names if I only know I have one since I only have one IP address? Say I purchase more domain names, how do they link to the virtual host files in my computer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HDD to record on.
Hi I was looking around for a low size HDD that'll be fast for recording with Fraps. On a game such as MW2 I get stable 70-90 FPS But as soon as i hit that Fraps hotkey, its an instant drop to 30-45fps and it feels terribly laggy. I was thinking of buying a new HDD to record onto, but before...
bhstr99 Hard Drive Support 9 04-03-2011 03:06 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 01:53 AM
Slow/Not responsive
My pc has lately as expected gone very slow and not as responsive. At the start-up especially. I have to wait a good 2mins before touching anything or things start to 'Not respond' and such. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me ANYTHING that I could do to speed up my pc significantly....
bhstr99 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 18 03-26-2011 03:38 PM
Internet on Virtual Machines
I'm operating VMPlayer and installing a few virtual machines. I have hit a problem and need to contact their product support Forum, but there seems to be no option box to start a new thread. I have registered. Any Ideas out there? Perhaps there is no way in for users of the Free version! ...
deemac04 Networking Support 1 02-15-2011 09:17 AM
Virtual PC Using Different Internet Connection Than Host?
Running a Windows 7 laptop plugged into a LAN using ethernet cable with internet. The built-in wireless nic on the laptop connects to a totally different internet network. I set up an XP Mode Virtual PC on the laptop with the intention that it would use the wireless internet connection. I set...
Kobe008 Networking Support 1 02-03-2011 09:26 AM