Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Windows 10 won't boot when installed on Kingston 240gb SSD !!

This is a discussion on Windows 10 won't boot when installed on Kingston 240gb SSD !! within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Whenever I install Windows 10 on my Kingston SSD it runs Ok for a time or two, but then it

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Whenever I install Windows 10 on my Kingston SSD it runs Ok for a time or two, but then it fails to boot each and every time. While starting up it enters the windows repair menu and to my dismay, none of the options work out. I have also tried Overwriting Windows setting files through Command Prompt mode as guided by some other forums, nothing helps. System Restore option also comes up with an error message.

Currently, I have installed Windows 10 using the same DVD on a Hard Disk. And guess what it runs without a glitch. The Hard Disk is now Primary and SSD is Secondary disk. I ran Health and speed test which came up with the SSD at 92% health, while the Hard Disk is at 100%.I'm also attaching the screenshots of the health and speed tests.

To sum up please guide me through some effective solution so that I can install Windows on my SSD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	result.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	320296   Click image for larger version

Name:	result-speed.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	320298  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Boot into Setup (Bios) look for Hard Drive Mode or SATA. Make sure it is set to AHCI and not IDE or Legacy. If you are dual booting from the HDD and it was set to IDE, the HDD may not boot Windows, but there is a simple registry hack to fix that.
If you want to boot the SSD first, then in the Bios, go to the Boot tab. Move the SSD to First Boot Device.
Have you tried doing a Clean install on the SSD? Boot off of the Windows installer, choose your language , then Custom Install. In Where to install Windows, Delete ALL partitions so the drive is all Unallocated Space then go Next. Windows will create partitions and format them during the install. If the SSD is set to First Boot Device, after Windows installs it should boot.
Use Crystal Disk Info to see the Bad Sector count and more detailed health of the drive

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Area Connection, doesn't have a valid IP configuration
A little preface before I get into my problem. Last night my friend and I were looking to play a game together. After some research and so forth, we determined that Hamachi was the way to play. So we installed and began to play. Fast forward to this morning, and suddenly my ethernet cable no longer...
TTunnell Networking Support 26 05-22-2014 12:04 AM
ESET threats
In earlier message, and in continuation of another thread on another conmuter I started a thread stating that having tried ESET it had found a number of threats which i will mention at the end. meanwhile I ran DDS abnd will add the the logs. Gmer found rootkit activity but when I ran the scan on...
qimqim Inactive Malware Help Topics 13 12-13-2013 07:22 PM
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 06:24 AM
"System Fix" virus hijacked computer
Hello, I’ve got a computer infected with the “System Fix” Virus. I believe the OS is Windows XP Professional. Searching the Tech Support Forum lead me to this thread: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/im-in-trouble-614906.html Since that thread is getting quite long, I figured...
SilentJim Resolved HJT Threads 48 12-02-2011 08:10 AM
Some kind of redirect on computer (Monster Marketplace)
I don't know how this happened, but something has gotten into my computer that constantly redirects anything I click on. If I enter a search in the box, that does OK, but whenever I click on anything, there's a high likelihood that what I've clicked on won't come up - quite often, Monster...
Calgirl Resolved HJT Threads 198 05-23-2011 06:01 AM