Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Windows 10 New M.2 Drive- Keeping all files

This is a discussion on Windows 10 New M.2 Drive- Keeping all files within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Laptop ATM Hello, so I am currently using an Acer Aspire VN7-591G. Currently, Has: 60GB M.2 SSD 1TB HDD

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Laptop ATM

Hello, so I am currently using an Acer Aspire VN7-591G.
Currently, Has:
  • 60GB M.2 SSD
  • 1TB HDD

What I Need Help With:

I have already used all the space on the M.2 drive and am wanting to upgrade to a 256gb M.2 Drive. However, I do not want to have to buy windows again or download all my software again.

If someone could please tell me how I could transfer all my stuff from the M.2 drive into the new one, so all my apps and windows stay as it is?

I also have a 2TB external HD if that helps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2017, 03:46 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

you can put a new 256GB M2 drive into a USB enclosure like this one. https://www.amazon.com/ZTC-Enclosure.../dp/B00KQ4LNJC then clone your original M2 drive to it, then swap them. You will have a mirror copy of the 60 GB M2 drive onto the 256GB M2 Drive but it will have a lot more free space.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:52 AM   #3
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Instead of buying new hardware:

Use your preferred backup software; make a full backup of the 60GB drive to your external. Swap out the m.2 drives and restore the backup to the new drive.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rogue Norton Utilities 16 Installer, Cannot Remove, Sys Restore Prevtd, Backup Failed
I am running Windows Pro 7 Service Pack 1 with McAfee Live Safe antivirus and firewall on. Within the last 7 days or so, a Norton Utilities 16 Installer program was downloaded to my system. I did not intentionally download from Symantec. I don't believe I downloaded as an option from a...
tomzak2000 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 2 10-28-2016 10:55 AM
Local Area Connection, doesn't have a valid IP configuration
A little preface before I get into my problem. Last night my friend and I were looking to play a game together. After some research and so forth, we determined that Hamachi was the way to play. So we installed and began to play. Fast forward to this morning, and suddenly my ethernet cable no longer...
TTunnell Networking Support 26 05-22-2014 12:04 AM
Computer runing to slow.
My comp HP Pavilion a1 123c opens any application or software slowly and internet sites also slow. OS X pro service pack3. System32. Total Physical Memory 1024 Mb. Available Ph. Mem.50.05Mb Total Virtual Mem. 2.00GB. Available Virtual Mem. 1.96Gb. I used AVG, Super antivirus free edition,...
Val852 Resolved HJT Threads 3 07-22-2013 07:35 PM
I just installed a program and now my browser keeps crashing...
I downloaded "Mipony" under the false pretense that it was a safe program. Now Google Chrome has some weird add-ins, but it also crashes within a minute of use. Whenever I try to type in a website, the URL also changes by itself to something else. Thank you in advance! DDS...
Sylvir Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 05-16-2013 10:11 PM