Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is my computer doing this?

754 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Rob7777 
#1 ·
Weird noise in computer - YouTube

As you can see it makes a weird noise then doesn't boot, it was working fine today until the power went off.. Like 5 months ago it was doing something similar to this but I got it to work. Any help would be appreciated, when I go to the BIOS it lists 0 first channel devices.

#2 ·
Sounds like the heads, or some other mechanical parts has failed. You didn't happen to do a back up when it happened the first time did you? A loss of power to a hard drive that is reading /writing is definitely bad, i doubt you will get any data from the drive using conventional methods.

#9 ·
Forget the cheapest, that would put you back here too soon. I also need to know for sure the model of this pc because video looks like could be an ide drive and not sata so I don't want to steer you wrong. Western Digital are all I will ever recommend for hard drives.

#11 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Man This is exacly mine problem after i bought new hard drive 1 week 1TB and he start doing the same click noises its a damaged head i replaced the power suplier couse i thought there can be problem with power suplier but i just wasted moneys the problem was not solved so in my opinion its a damaged head but i have no idea where the problem is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.